i keep getting hit with 02-039, freezes my puter for days at a time
when it hits, i did some digging and found SQL server in odbc data
source admin’
version 2000.85.1117.00 file sqlsrv32.dll date 8-4-2004
i have no memory of ever installing this, and i cant find the
uninstall for it.

how can i remove it from my system? thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-ms02-039-ftopict552496.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751555

Show updates in Add/Remove - If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, select the Show updates check box (at the top of the
list),

--
Mark L. Ferguson

"" wrote:
> Show updates in Add/Remove - If you are running Windows XP
> Service Pack 2, select the Show updates check box (at the top
> of the
> list),
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for Windows Antispy
> "mrmatchstick" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
> message
> >i keep getting hit with 02-039, freezes my puter for days at
> a time
> > when it hits, i did some digging and found SQL server in
> odbc data
> > source admin'
> > version 2000.85.1117.00 file sqlsrv32.dll date 8-4-2004
> > i have no memory of ever installing this, and i cant find
> the
> > uninstall for it.
> >
> > how can i remove it from my system? thanks
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-ms02-039-ftopict552496.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1751555

i have clicked on show updates, according to the odbc, the sql was
installed on 8-4-04, and none of the updates in add/remove have that
date on them, besides i wrote them all down , and checked them out at
microsoft, they are all patches, but everyone is listed for xp, plus a
bunch of others, and none of them say they are a server, thanks

"mrmatchstick" wrote:
> i have clicked on show updates, according to the odbc, the
> sql was installed on 8-4-04, and none of the updates in
> add/remove have that date on them, besides i wrote them all
> down , and checked them out at microsoft, they are all
> patches, but everyone is listed for xp, plus a bunch of
> others, and none of them say they are a server, thanks

ok, i went to windows update and printed out all of the updates i got
from there, the only one listed for 08-2004 is service pack 2 , and
that was on the 26th

"mrmatchstick" wrote:
> ok, i went to windows update and printed out all of the
> updates i got from there, the only one listed for 08-2004 is
> service pack 2 , and that was on the 26th

ive only had a pc for about a year now, was trying to think what might
have happened, sometime last year i kept getting a pop up, which said
it was from microsoft and i needed to update, said it cost $20, not
knowing that microsoft didnt charge for updates, i paid the money,
could i have gotten the sql server at that time? i have since found
out that i shoudnt have done that., and wont do it again.
when i type sql in search , i have about 90 files related to sql. at
the same time, i have microsoft baseline security advisor, it say that
sql server is not installed, so why does the odbc data source admin
have sql server listed?