Stephanie

I have been trying to install new software for my digital camera and I keep
getting the following error: Buffer overrun detected!

A buffer overrun has been detected which as corrupted the program's internal
state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be
terminated.

HOw can I fix this? I am about to return this product!!

"Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to install new software for my digital camera and I keep
> getting the following error: Buffer overrun detected!
>
> A buffer overrun has been detected which as corrupted the program's
> internal
> state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be
> terminated.
>

> HOw can I fix this? I am about to return this product!!

Have you looked on the unnamed camera makers web site?
They often have faq and help files, and there may be updated
drivers/software. And a technical/help department you can email.

Stephanie

The software was for Kodak Easy Share...they told me that someone had
probably hacked my computer. I finally called Dell Support and after several
other attempts at fixing, they told me to reinstall XP..The problem is when I
tried to do this with the CD that came with my Dell, it won't allow me to do
it because the version on the CD is older than what is installed now..Is
there any way to get around this?

thanks in advance

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been trying to install new software for my digital camera and I keep
> > getting the following error: Buffer overrun detected!
> >
> > A buffer overrun has been detected which as corrupted the program's
> > internal
> > state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be
> > terminated.
> >

> > HOw can I fix this? I am about to return this product!!
>
> Have you looked on the unnamed camera makers web site?
> They often have faq and help files, and there may be updated
> drivers/software. And a technical/help department you can email.

Can you please follow the flow of conversation with your post rather than
jump top to bottom to top to .... it makes things difficult to follow and
may deter people from reading your problem and helping. Post reordered with
your last message moved to provide proper flow.

"

news:98344AF2-E0C3-4ED3-96B7-FDA53B73A1C6@microsoft.com...> The software was
for Kodak Easy Share...they told me that someone had
> probably hacked my computer. I finally called Dell Support and after
> several
> other attempts at fixing, they told me to reinstall XP..The problem is
> when I
> tried to do this with the CD that came with my Dell, it won't allow me to
> do
> it because the version on the CD is older than what is installed now..Is
> there any way to get around this?
>
> thanks in advance

It sounds like a real cop out from Kodak. Have you got a firewall on your
computer? anti-virus software? apyware removal programs? If so tell them
that they are wrong and you want their support as you are entitled too. If
you don't have that software then please say and reccomendations of free
software will be made. Don't let Kodak shirk their resposibility.

The reinstall thing probably means you have applied some of the MS critical
upgrades- removing them will probably allow your reinstall- but I'd be
chasing Kodak for better help- or real help before doing that.