opening attachments

July 2, 2005 7:40:17 PM

I have windows xp home. I scanned something and the people I sent it to
can't open it. Its a wmf image. How do I go about changing it so it can be
open easier

More about : opening attachments

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 9:09:41 PM

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, if they have Windows XP, will open *.wmf
files.

MS Paint will open *.wmf files.

IrfanView can open *.wmf files.

IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for
non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003.
http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uzlcOd1fFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
charlie and grace <jim@gte.net> hunted and pecked:
> I have windows xp home. I scanned something and the people I sent it to
> can't open it. Its a wmf image. How do I go about changing it so it can be
> open easier
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 9:28:15 PM

windows picture fax viewer is what opens it for me. Maybe alot of people
don't have that function. Thanks
> Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, if they have Windows XP, will open *.wmf
> files.
>
> MS Paint will open *.wmf files.
>
> IrfanView can open *.wmf files.
>
> IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for
> non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003.
> http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:uzlcOd1fFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> charlie and grace <jim@gte.net> hunted and pecked:
>> I have windows xp home. I scanned something and the people I sent it to
>> can't open it. Its a wmf image. How do I go about changing it so it can
>> be
>> open easier

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 4:22:12 AM

"charlie and grace" <jim@gte.net> wrote in message
>I have windows xp home. I scanned something and the people I sent it to
>can't open it. Its a wmf image. How do I go about changing it so it can be
>open easier

wmf is a metafile, get a copy of (free) Irfanview and you can convert it to
other filetypes like jpg. Or recommend your friends get and install
Irfanview- its a good file viewer.
www.irfanview.com
!