opening attachments

I have windows xp home. I scanned something and the people I sent it to
can't open it. Its a wmf image. How do I go about changing it so it can be
open easier
3 answers Last reply
More about opening attachments

    Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, if they have Windows XP, will open *.wmf
    files.

    MS Paint will open *.wmf files.

    IrfanView can open *.wmf files.

    IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for
    non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003.
    http://irfanview.tuwien.ac.at/

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uzlcOd1fFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    charlie and grace <jim@gte.net> hunted and pecked:
    > I have windows xp home. I scanned something and the people I sent it to
    > can't open it. Its a wmf image. How do I go about changing it so it can be
    > open easier

    windows picture fax viewer is what opens it for me. Maybe alot of people
    don't have that function. Thanks

    "charlie and grace" <jim@gte.net> wrote in message
    >I have windows xp home. I scanned something and the people I sent it to
    >can't open it. Its a wmf image. How do I go about changing it so it can be
    >open easier

    wmf is a metafile, get a copy of (free) Irfanview and you can convert it to
    other filetypes like jpg. Or recommend your friends get and install
    Irfanview- its a good file viewer.
    www.irfanview.com

Support Microsoft Windows XP