1. What is your budget?
$700 is the max but I'd prefer it to be around $500
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1366x768 or around that
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
SWTOR, WoW, LoL, GW2 on medium at least
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 200 gigs
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Around 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm planning to buy a laptop on cyber monday so if you could find one with a reduced price it's be greatly appreciated
Best buy has one for $630 has an A10 4600m and 7660g graphics. It plays BF3 on low at the resolution u want with 750gb of hdd, 6gm of ram and a 15.6 inch screen. Dont forget the beats audio lol. Its an HP ENVY M6-1105DX bestbuy has online for $630. This is good as most A10 laptops cost around $700.
The A10s for good cheap gaming laptops because of the built in igpu on the A10 that the igpu of Intel laptops dont even come close too. The other apu laptops arnt as good and similar to the intel HD graphics. So the A10s are the better ones and some u can get with a 7670m+7660g as the 7660g is the igpu and comes in every A10 lol. So if ur looking for a cyber monday deal look for one with an A10 apu.
hmm I'll keep this in mind, seems pretty good for its price. However I was reading the reviews on bestbuy and there's some people complaining about how the updates freeze at 12%, is there anyway around that?
Im not sure, id say try win7 instead of win8 but hp doesnt have win7 drivers specifically for that laptop and not sure if the win8 drivers would work for win7. My friend just bought one reason i recommended it but so far he hasnt had update issues.
Basically ur looking for if u want the A10 is 4gb or more and id def choose 6+, other components u can choose and brand, and if u like Win8 or Win7.
If u dont want to go out and buy a dedicated gpu then an A10 will be best way to go. For light gaming any laptop that uses intel HD graphics prob wont reach medium in most games. Wow isnt graphic intense and my old compaq athlon x2 can play on low but guild wars is more demanding, plus if an A10 is overkill for ur needs then it'll last for a bit lol.