Lenovo Z585 Expansion Slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazenDemon

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
I recently ordered a new laptop to pretty much serve as a desktop replacement for a year or two and i was wondering if anyone knows whether or not there is a bay or someway to install a Radeon 7670m to use it in a dual graphics solution with the HD 7660G that the A10-4600m has integrated.

The reason i ask if because i know the Z585 has a model that comes with the 7670m already installed but I do not know if its embedded in the motherboard or not, if not then its feasible that i would be able to install it in my system.

Any help on this matter would be great.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4840047

Thats the link to the system specs, I'm not surprised its sold out i got it for $500 a day before it went up to $550 :D

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
I'm going to guess no. I can't find that MB anywhere to get a good look at it, but I also can't find a 7670m card for sale anywhere either. You will just have to see when you get it.

I have had laptops with MXM cards that could be upgraded, but they are rare, only large, Clevo style notebooks seem to have them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.