New Network_DLink + Cisco

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a friend who's getting a Toshiba w/ Aironet card 802.11b
standard for school next fall. We want to set up her SBC-DSL
connection for home and I'm looking for ideas.

Since the school is still on 802.11b and will be for a while, I
thought for home a DLink 713P w/ print server built in, and a DLink
DWL-520 PCI wireless card on one desktop machine and the other desktop
hard-wired to the 713P.

The notebook, as I said, will come with it's own Cisco Aironet 802.11b
card.

Anyone see any pitfalls to the setup I've planned ? Thanks

> Anyone see any pitfalls to the setup I've planned ? Thanks

John, As far as I can tell, the setup you propose looks fine. It's all
standards based stuff. So, as long as everything's functioning
properly, it should all work.

Chester