pspuss0yu virus. Trying to remove, and is write protected...

Mac

After my kids had a session on the internet, I now have the above mentioned
virus. I have managed to get it deleted for the most part, and have restored
the computer for the most part. However, there is a file in the program
files named pspuss0yu. It seems to duplicate by itself daily. I have the
file down to one remaining file, put I cannot delete it, clean it or
quarantine it. The message comes up that it is write protected. Can anyone
help me to remove this????

Thank You!!!!

Greetings,

Ah, I don't like trojans or viruses like this. Nasty stuff! Anyway, try
Trojan Remover. It works wonders and deletes most trojans or viruses from
your system. You can download the 30 day trial from this URL -
http://www.simplysup.com/tremover/download.html

However, I recommend you to backup all your important files, documents and
even your Register (for details on how to backup your register, see below)
before attempting to use Trojan Remover.

Steps to backup Register:

1. Start > RUN
2. Type in regedit
3. Once the Registry Editor is opened, go to File > Export
4. Choose a destination to export your whole registry

If you want to import your registry back, just follow the above steps,
however, this time instead of exporting, import the registry from the
destination your saved it.

--
Best of Luck,
Jose Francisco

rights

"Mac" <Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After my kids had a session on the internet, I now have the above
> mentioned
> virus. I have managed to get it deleted for the most part, and have
> restored
> the computer for the most part. However, there is a file in the program
> files named pspuss0yu. It seems to duplicate by itself daily. I have the
> file down to one remaining file, put I cannot delete it, clean it or
> quarantine it. The message comes up that it is write protected. Can
> anyone
> help me to remove this????
>
> Thank You!!!!

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Ah, I don't like trojans or viruses like this. Nasty stuff!
> Anyway, try
> Trojan Remover. It works wonders and deletes most trojans or
> viruses from
> your system. You can download the 30 day trial from this URL -
>
> http://www.simplysup.com/tremover/download.html
>
> However, I recommend you to backup all your important files,
> documents and
> even your Register (for details on how to backup your
> register, see below)
> before attempting to use Trojan Remover.
>
> Steps to backup Register:
>
> 1. Start > RUN
> 2. Type in regedit
> 3. Once the Registry Editor is opened, go to File > Export
> 4. Choose a destination to export your whole registry
>
> If you want to import your registry back, just follow the
> above steps,
> however, this time instead of exporting, import the registry
> from the
> destination your saved it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
> Jose Francisco
> XPSource - www.xpsource.com
> Email - jose@nospam.xpsource.com (Remove NoSpam)

> confers no
> rights
>

> "Mac" <Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After my kids had a session on the internet, I now have the
> above
> > mentioned
> > virus. I have managed to get it deleted for the most part,
> and have
> > restored
> > the computer for the most part. However, there is a file in
> the program
> > files named pspuss0yu. It seems to duplicate by itself
> daily. I have the
> > file down to one remaining file, put I cannot delete it,
> clean it or
> > quarantine it. The message comes up that it is write
> protected. Can
> > anyone
> > help me to remove this????
> >
> > Thank You!!!!

another option would be to using a virus scanner to at least find the
viruses, make a list of them (WRITE DOWN WHERE THEY ARE ON PAPER!!)
then use XP disk to load recovary console, and delete all the files
that where listed as infected.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-pspuss0yu-virus-remove-write-protected-ftopict552747.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1752871