Camera Autoplay Fails to Work

I'm running XP Home. Until a couple of days ago autoplay worked fine for
both my camera and card reader. The only recent software installed is the
normal Windows Updates.

Currently autoplay works for other devices, for example cd's but not my
camera or card reader. For picture devices, if I open My Computer and
R-Click, then L-Click Autoplay the autoplay window launches and I can
then select the camera wizard and it launches and works fine.

"Walt" <wleichty@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm running XP Home. Until a couple of days ago autoplay worked fine for
> both my camera and card reader. The only recent software installed is the
> normal Windows Updates.

Autoplay Repair Wizard
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Sometimes resetting the USB drivers fixes that.

Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the USB Hub devices, Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
device drivers again automatically.

--
Mark L. Ferguson