Lowering wages on 33 year old players?

Nick the Greek wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2005 09:11:24 -0700, homem-da-natureza@hotmail.com wrote:
>

> >I love CM 01/02 and it's the only CM I play and when managing a club
> >whenever you got a half a dozen days free you can always squeeze in a
> >friendly in there and give your less used players some playing minutes.
> >
> >But when managing a national squad it seems you can't arrange
> >friendlies and therefore can only play around 6 games a year which is
> >tremendously boring since you have nothing to do between all those long
> >months unless I'm missing something.
> >

> >André
>

> International friendlies are being arranged by the F.A. So no, if
> you're managing a national team you can't arrange friendly games.

Can we make/force players to retire from international football in
order for them to concentrate on their club career?

In the editor we can find out which players are more popular by seeing
their "world reputation" but when the game is in progress an we are a
decade into it and there's a ton of new players the game has created
how can I find out which of them is more popular and if so will that
popular player have a financial impact in the clubs finances by
garnering the club more money in merchandizing and marketing?

BTW, how do I make the players sign for less money? I'm in May 11th
2008 and Beckham is 33 years old (no longer gets called up for England)
and has a contract signed in early 2006 untill July of 2011 and is
making 9.75 million euro per year.

Since it's been 2 years since the contract was signed the contract is
unprotected so I'd like to ressign him but he wants a 20 million a year
contract when at his age I'd want him to reduce his wages rather than
increase them, If there is a way to "trick" them into renegotiating
their contracs into lower wages I sure could use that on Beckham,
Zizou, Figo, Carlos, Helguera and Salgado who are all now in their
early mid 30's and my total wage bill is a brutal 126 million euros a
year so needless to say the team doesn't make a profit or generate
money for new signings.

Also, how do I make the board increase the stadium capacity, we keep
filling the stadium to it's full capacity a good 20 times each season
but the board keeps saying they won't do it at this time etc even
though we have a balance of 270 million so not sure what's the problem.

André

OE has done it's thing where it's randomly decided not to put quotes on your
message, so I'm gonna have to top post this.

If your happy to check players world reputation in the data editor, you may
as well get FM Scout so you can do the same on the regens as well. I would
say it's not more cheating then using the DB Editor to peek at starting
players stats but if you want to protect yourself from cheating too badly,
before you search in FM Scout turn off the ability, potential and scout
rating columns.

Otherwise, all you can do is see who's been called up to international and
youth interenational levels and check the player descriptions, cos if it
says "Legendary" chances are he's popular. I honestly don't know about
merchandising though.

As for getting old players on less money, I don't think you'll have much
sucsess with a famouse player with 3 years left on his contract. I've
noticed this, rather then calming down and realising they are getting old,
some players just have an ego explosion and demand insane money. Possibly
because he no longer considers your club big enough for him. The only way
I've ever been able to get old players to accept less money then they are on
(or at least the same money if they are in ego-bloom) is to actually let the
contract expire and then re-sign them.

In my current game (set up by myself for the new season, but started a month
or so ago) I've got Belmadi at Southampton on a short term contract (I put
him down until xmas rather then 1 month as in real life), he's only mediocre
but to offer him a longer contract he want's £20k per week. But as it get's
closer to his expiry date I've noticed the demands going down (I'm also not
playing him, which is kind of silly too). Obviously in real life he's signed
up now for much much less then £20k per week, which just goes to show you
how inaccurate the game can be in regards to wages. I reckon once his
contract expires he'll sign up for less, not that I will actually want him.
But I also find in situations like this, you'll find another club could come
in and sign him, and he'll end up on much less then what he was demanding
from you (or indeed than you offered sometimes).

--
Fil

Fil Arkonus wrote:

> OE has done it's thing where it's randomly decided not to put quotes on your
> message, so I'm gonna have to top post this.

Oh no, it's not random at all. :) If you look at the headers of the
message you replied to you will find the following:

And not adding the quotes is just OE's way of handling that format.
Stupid, we all know that, but explain it to Microsoft. :)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Sleater-Kinney - Jumpers (from: The Woods, 2005.)

well if he wasn't yours already you could try bidding for him, instead
trying to poach his unprotected contract, as Real M would pay his current
contract if he had accepted lower contract with another team

"Miljenko" <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote in message
> Fil Arkonus wrote:
>
>> OE has done it's thing where it's randomly decided not to put quotes on
>> your
>> message, so I'm gonna have to top post this.
>
> Oh no, it's not random at all. :) If you look at the headers of the
> message you replied to you will find the following:

> And not adding the quotes is just OE's way of handling that format.
> Stupid, we all know that, but explain it to Microsoft. :)

I thought it was probably something like that, just never investigated, I
just figured "it's microsoft" and left it at that. Heh. Truth is I only use
OE because it's the only client that'll take multiple email accounts, my
hotmail account (without paying), and newsgroups. Otherwise I'd discard it
as I did IE.

--
Fil

On the 3 Sep 2005, "GargoyleBG" <minkov@haskovo.spnet.net> wrote:

> well if he wasn't yours already you could try bidding for him, instead
> trying to poach his unprotected contract, as Real M would pay his current
> contract if he had accepted lower contract with another team

I recently bought left-footed centre half Thomas Vermaelen (not sure on
spelling) for my Sporting Lisbon side from my previous club, HSV.
Because I didn't rate him particularly highly, I offered a fairly low
wage and a deal until 2014.

The thing was, his HSV contract was to last until 2015 his contract was
for around nine thousand pounds a week more (IIRC). He signed, and on
his contract details section it shows that HSV are paying the nine
grand difference until the end of the 2014/15 season - i.e. a year
after his deal with me ends. Assuming I haven't buggered off by then,
it'll be interesting to see what happens.

--
Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!