1. What is your budget?
2000-3000, includes warranty.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14-15.6, 17.3 is too big.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p or 900p.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I would prefer portability.
5. How much battery life do you need?
It should be plugged in most of the time, anything should be fine as long as it is not atrociousness.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3, Civ 5, medium to high setting would be nice.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
A little bit of photo editing and maybe music making, nothing special.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like a SSD around 256GB, and if possible a second hard drive around 750GB instead of a dvd drive.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
An external DVD or Blu-ray drive.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Every Dell i have ever owned has had problems, maybe they are better now, I would be fine with any brand as long as the laptop does not look ugly, or like a toy.
13. What country do you live in?
United States of America
I think there are no laptops that fit your criteria (at least not exactly).
Any 15 inch laptop with very storng gaming capacity will overheat quite easily. If you live in an area where the temperature gets over 28 C (dont know in farenheit), then you might run into this problem unless you carry a laptop cooling stand (and that will limit your portability quite severly).
4 years is a bit too long in laptop world ( most cases its too long even for desktops but this is especially true since soon new consoles will arrive, seeding up the update prcess of pcs for a while).