Help , wrong powersupply used! Now its dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynn-44

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
The wrong power supply was used on my Acer 4620-4605, and now it will not boot. Is there any help for this?

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
Use the correct power supply and hope for the best? How does one exactly use the wrong power supply... in a laptop nonetheless. We'd also like to have more info on what happened, why it was changed / replaced, and what exactly you mean by it won't boot. Details = more help.

lynn-44

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
my husband unplugged my laptop and moved it, lost the power cord, so he was trying other power cords to see if they worked. I bought a new power cord online for my laptop, but the light comes on, then immediately goes out.

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Are you using the proper power cord now? The issue here is that if the cord isn't the same or close to Amp, Volt and polarity the laptop will either simply not work and or you could have ruined it. Best thing to do at this point (in my opinion) is to take it to a professional computer repair shop. Have them plug it into a proper power source and see if the laptop will come up. If not... Could have done some permanent damage.

deboyrunner

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Remove the battery and see if you get a power led light. If not your power pack is dead and not the power cord that goes to it. What light comes on?
On the laptop connected power led or the led on the power brick of your power pack? More info needed here. I've seen a lot of these and I can tell you - you need the correct voltage and amps... if amps are too high - good bye to your motherboard... toss it and buy a new one...it is cyber monday anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.