Adware problem

hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it and
it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the same
things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be great
Thanks
-Bill
13 answers Last reply
More about adware problem

    "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete
    > it and
    > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info"
    > and
    > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I
    > have
    > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    > same
    > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would
    > be great

    Try running these Antispyware programs in Safe Mode.

    --
    William

    In news:B87B4AAD-7363-440C-8B61-CFFC5026EED6@microsoft.com,
    Bill C <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete
    > it and it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to
    > "mynbx247.info" and download 180search assistant and many other
    > programs, by itself. I have updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and
    > yahoo anti-spy, they find the same things each time, i fix them and
    > it comes right back. Any help would be great Thanks
    > -Bill

    Try doing your scan in safe mode without networking and with the latest
    definitions.

    Just in case you don't know how to access safe mode:

    Safe Mode :
    http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/safemode.html

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Hi Bill,

    Run the cleanup utilities in Safe mode to improve their effectiveness. How
    to start in Safe mode:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
    > and
    > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
    > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
    > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    > same
    > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
    > great
    > Thanks
    > -Bill

    I tried running everything in safe mode, and still it comes up
    thanks
    -Bill

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > Run the cleanup utilities in Safe mode to improve their effectiveness. How
    > to start in Safe mode:
    > http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
    > > and
    > > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
    > > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
    > > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    > > same
    > > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
    > > great
    > > Thanks
    > > -Bill

    Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).

    Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you get
    the latest definitions before you do a scan.

    I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and run
    that as well.

    It is available at
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
    > and
    > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
    > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
    > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    > same
    > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
    > great
    > Thanks
    > -Bill

    i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
    put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything but i
    would still want to get rid of it
    thanks
    -Bill

    Bill C wrote:
    > i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
    > put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything but i
    > would still want to get rid of it
    > thanks
    > -Bill
    >
    > "Gary Tsang" wrote:
    >

    >>Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
    >>
    >>Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you get
    >>the latest definitions before you do a scan.
    >>
    >>I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and run
    >>that as well.
    >>
    >>It is available at
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    >>
    >>--
    >>Gary Tsang
    >>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>

    >>"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
    >>>and
    >>>it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
    >>>download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
    >>>updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    >>>same
    >>>things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
    >>>great
    >>>Thanks
    >>>-Bill

    What is the signature date on Adaware when you run it? Also look for
    Spybot Search & Destroy. v1.3 is the latest. And of course let it
    search for updates.

    Bill C wrote:
    > i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
    > put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything but i
    > would still want to get rid of it
    > thanks
    > -Bill
    >
    > "Gary Tsang" wrote:
    >

    >>Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
    >>
    >>Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you get
    >>the latest definitions before you do a scan.
    >>
    >>I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and run
    >>that as well.
    >>
    >>It is available at
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    >>
    >>--
    >>Gary Tsang
    >>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>

    >>"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
    >>>and
    >>>it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
    >>>download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
    >>>updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    >>>same
    >>>things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
    >>>great
    >>>Thanks
    >>>-Bill

    What is the signature date on Adaware when you run it? Also look for
    Spybot Search & Destroy. v1.3 is the latest. And of course let it
    search for updates.

    Your version of Adaware is out of date. Download, install, update and run
    all of the following.

    Ad-Aware

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta2)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
    > and
    > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
    > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
    > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    > same
    > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
    > great
    > Thanks
    > -Bill

    Bill it is not that hard to fix. Download, install, update and run

    >i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
    > put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything
    > but i
    > would still want to get rid of it
    > thanks
    > -Bill
    >
    > "Gary Tsang" wrote:
    >
    >> Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
    >>
    >> Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you
    >> get
    >> the latest definitions before you do a scan.
    >>
    >> I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and
    >> run
    >> that as well.
    >>
    >> It is available at
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary Tsang
    >> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>

    >> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete
    >> > it
    >> > and
    >> > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info"
    >> > and
    >> > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I
    >> > have
    >> > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
    >> > same
    >> > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
    >> > great
    >> > Thanks
    >> > -Bill

    Hi pcbutts1

    Just a small correction on what you responded with..

    Microsoft AntiSpyware is actually still Beta 1 (but it has been refreshed a
    couple times).

    --

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    > Bill it is not that hard to fix. Download, install, update and run
    > all of the following.
    >
    > Ad-Aware
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >
    > Spybot search and destroy
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
    >
    > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta2)
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >
    > If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
    > save
    > a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    > it can be analyzed.
    >
    > HijackThis
    > http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

    > "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
    >> put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything
    >> but i
    >> would still want to get rid of it
    >> thanks
    >> -Bill
    >>
    >> "Gary Tsang" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
    >>>
    >>> Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you
    >>> get
    >>> the latest definitions before you do a scan.
    >>>
    >>> I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and
    >>> run
    >>> that as well.
    >>>
    >>> It is available at
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Gary Tsang
    >>> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >>>

    >>> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Correction noted.Thanks.

    "Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
    > Hi pcbutts1
    >
    > Just a small correction on what you responded with..
    >
    > Microsoft AntiSpyware is actually still Beta 1 (but it has been refreshed
    > a couple times).
    >

    > --
    > Gary Tsang
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    >> Bill it is not that hard to fix. Download, install, update and run
    >> all of the following.
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >>
    >> Spybot search and destroy
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
    >>
    >> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta2)
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
    >> save
    >> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so
    >> that
    >> it can be analyzed.
    >>
    >> HijackThis
    >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    >>

    >> --

    >> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back.
    >>> put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything
    >>> but i
    >>> would still want to get rid of it
    >>> thanks
    >>> -Bill

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Could you resolve this problem?
    I met a same problem these days.
    But I could repair it.
    If you couldn't do, you'd better following.
    - Find "ZoneEdit", file name is qegdd.exe, in your system
    - If you never use it, vote it.

    I could repair this problem by this way.

    yoshi

Windows XP