hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it and
it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the same
things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be great
Thanks
-Bill

"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete
> it and
> it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info"
> and
> download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I
> have
> updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
> same
> things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would
> be great

Try running these Antispyware programs in Safe Mode.

--
William

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:B87B4AAD-7363-440C-8B61-CFFC5026EED6@microsoft.com,
Bill C <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete
> it and it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to
> "mynbx247.info" and download 180search assistant and many other
> programs, by itself. I have updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and
> yahoo anti-spy, they find the same things each time, i fix them and
> it comes right back. Any help would be great Thanks
> -Bill

Try doing your scan in safe mode without networking and with the latest
definitions.

Just in case you don't know how to access safe mode:

Safe Mode :
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/safemode.html

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Hi Bill,

Run the cleanup utilities in Safe mode to improve their effectiveness. How
to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
> and
> it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
> download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
> updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
> same
> things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
> great
> Thanks
> -Bill

I tried running everything in safe mode, and still it comes up
thanks
-Bill

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Run the cleanup utilities in Safe mode to improve their effectiveness. How
> to start in Safe mode:
> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
> > and
> > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
> > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
> > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
> > same
> > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
> > great
> > Thanks
> > -Bill

Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).

Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you get
the latest definitions before you do a scan.

I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and run
that as well.

It is available at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
> and
> it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
> download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
> updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
> same
> things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
> great
> Thanks
> -Bill

i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything but i
would still want to get rid of it
thanks
-Bill

"Gary Tsang" wrote:

> Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
>
> Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you get
> the latest definitions before you do a scan.
>
> I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and run
> that as well.
>
> It is available at
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Gary Tsang
> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>

> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
> > and
> > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
> > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
> > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
> > same
> > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
> > great
> > Thanks
> > -Bill

Alan

Bill C wrote:
> i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
> put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything but i
> would still want to get rid of it
> thanks
> -Bill
>
> "Gary Tsang" wrote:
>

>>Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
>>
>>Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you get
>>the latest definitions before you do a scan.
>>
>>I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and run
>>that as well.
>>
>>It is available at
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
>>
>>--
>>Gary Tsang
>>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>

>>"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
>>>and
>>>it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
>>>download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
>>>updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
>>>same
>>>things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
>>>great
>>>Thanks
>>>-Bill

What is the signature date on Adaware when you run it? Also look for
Spybot Search & Destroy. v1.3 is the latest. And of course let it
search for updates.

Alan

Bill C wrote:
> i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
> put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything but i
> would still want to get rid of it
> thanks
> -Bill
>
> "Gary Tsang" wrote:
>

>>Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
>>
>>Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you get
>>the latest definitions before you do a scan.
>>
>>I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and run
>>that as well.
>>
>>It is available at
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
>>
>>--
>>Gary Tsang
>>Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>>http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>

>>"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
>>>and
>>>it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
>>>download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
>>>updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
>>>same
>>>things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
>>>great
>>>Thanks
>>>-Bill

What is the signature date on Adaware when you run it? Also look for
Spybot Search & Destroy. v1.3 is the latest. And of course let it
search for updates.

Your version of Adaware is out of date. Download, install, update and run
all of the following.

Ad-Aware

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta2)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

"Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete it
> and
> it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info" and
> download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I have
> updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
> same
> things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
> great
> Thanks
> -Bill

Bill it is not that hard to fix. Download, install, update and run

>i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
> put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything
> but i
> would still want to get rid of it
> thanks
> -Bill
>
> "Gary Tsang" wrote:
>
>> Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
>>
>> Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you
>> get
>> the latest definitions before you do a scan.
>>
>> I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and
>> run
>> that as well.
>>
>> It is available at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
>>
>> --
>> Gary Tsang
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>

>> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi, i dont know how but i have adware in my computer, i try to delete
>> > it
>> > and
>> > it comes back. internet explorer will open and go to "mynbx247.info"
>> > and
>> > download 180search assistant and many other programs, by itself. I
>> > have
>> > updated and ran adaware 6.0, spybot, and yahoo anti-spy, they find the
>> > same
>> > things each time, i fix them and it comes right back. Any help would be
>> > great
>> > Thanks
>> > -Bill

Hi pcbutts1

Just a small correction on what you responded with..

Microsoft AntiSpyware is actually still Beta 1 (but it has been refreshed a
couple times).

--

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
> Bill it is not that hard to fix. Download, install, update and run
> all of the following.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>
> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta2)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
> save
> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
> it can be analyzed.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back. i
>> put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything
>> but i
>> would still want to get rid of it
>> thanks
>> -Bill
>>
>> "Gary Tsang" wrote:
>>
>>> Adaware 6 is pretty dated (more than 1 year old).
>>>
>>> Download Adaware SE 1.06 from http://lavasoftusa.com and make sure you
>>> get
>>> the latest definitions before you do a scan.
>>>
>>> I'd also recommend you download Microsoft's Antispyware application and
>>> run
>>> that as well.
>>>
>>> It is available at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary Tsang
>>> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>>

>>> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Correction noted.Thanks.

"Gary Tsang" <gtsangDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
> Hi pcbutts1
>
> Just a small correction on what you responded with..
>
> Microsoft AntiSpyware is actually still Beta 1 (but it has been refreshed
> a couple times).
>

> --
> Gary Tsang
> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>> Bill it is not that hard to fix. Download, install, update and run
>> all of the following.
>>
>> Ad-Aware
>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>>
>> Spybot search and destroy
>> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>>
>> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta2)
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
>>
>> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
>> save
>> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so
>> that
>> it can be analyzed.
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>>

>> --

>> "Bill C" <BillC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>i ran the microsoft one and updated everything and still it comes back.
>>> put the site in the restricked sites so now it doesnt download anything
>>> but i
>>> would still want to get rid of it
>>> thanks
>>> -Bill

Could you resolve this problem?
I met a same problem these days.
But I could repair it.
If you couldn't do, you'd better following.
- Find "ZoneEdit", file name is qegdd.exe, in your system
- If you never use it, vote it.

I could repair this problem by this way.

yoshi