Folders not opening

Folders such as My Computer, My Documents, My Pictures, and My Music will not
open from the desktop or the Start Menu. I just hear a short sound clip,
then nothing else happens. The only way I can open these is by using Run in
the Start Menu. I also can't open the Control Panel.

I am able to open programs from the Desktop and Start Menu.

As part of the taskbar, this app will fix the start menu.

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!:

Mark L. Ferguson