"Doo Rag" passed away - from RGP.

>From RGP:"But even being the butt of a joke you bring happiness to
another and make them laugh. That's priceless. I think I'd rather be
remembered
in a joke, than not remembered at all. "

Interesting thought, though a little weird and twisted. But I suppose
he's right.

Lets once, just this one time, as a group, show some respect and maturity?
Yes the man was the butt of a lot of jokes here, but he was also a father,
brother, husband, and friend to people that are going to miss him. Maybe we
could just mourn his passing with a bit of sadness and respect, and leave
out the usual?

--
Art
"Steve Prendergast" <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Saw this on RGP and thought I'd pass it along over here...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8t3c2

No disrespect was indended Art.

--
-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus

"Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
wrote in message news:tA4Ye.115024$Hx4.54115@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> Lets once, just this one time, as a group, show some respect and maturity?
> Yes the man was the butt of a lot of jokes here, but he was also a father,
> brother, husband, and friend to people that are going to miss him. Maybe
> we could just mourn his passing with a bit of sadness and respect, and
> leave out the usual?
>
> --
> Art
> "Steve Prendergast" <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Saw this on RGP and thought I'd pass it along over here...
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/8t3c2

indended = INTENDED.

It's late.

--

"Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No disrespect was indended Art.
>

> --
> -Steve P.
>
> All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus
>
> "Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
> wrote in message news:tA4Ye.115024$Hx4.54115@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>> Lets once, just this one time, as a group, show some respect and
>> maturity? Yes the man was the butt of a lot of jokes here, but he was
>> also a father, brother, husband, and friend to people that are going to
>> miss him. Maybe we could just mourn his passing with a bit of sadness
>> and respect, and leave out the usual?
>>
>> --
>> Art
>> "Steve Prendergast" <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Saw this on RGP and thought I'd pass it along over here...
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/8t3c2

I agree.

Scott C.

Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com wrote:
> Lets once, just this one time, as a group, show some respect and maturity?
> Yes the man was the butt of a lot of jokes here, but he was also a father,
> brother, husband, and friend to people that are going to miss him. Maybe we
> could just mourn his passing with a bit of sadness and respect, and leave
> out the usual?

Hate to hear about this... I always thought he was quite the character at
the auctions. I know he had a bad rep with some people, but I'd seen him
talking to some people from time to time and he always seemed friendly and
in a good mood. I'll miss seeing him around.

Ron

"Steve Prendergast" <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Saw this on RGP and thought I'd pass it along over here...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8t3c2

Here is my favorite "Do Rag" memory:

http://tinyurl.com/btct5

Dane.

"Ron Lyons" <LyonsArcade@Carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hate to hear about this... I always thought he was quite the character at
> the auctions. I know he had a bad rep with some people, but I'd seen him
> talking to some people from time to time and he always seemed friendly and
> in a good mood. I'll miss seeing him around.
>
> Ron
>
> "Steve Prendergast" <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Saw this on RGP and thought I'd pass it along over here...
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/8t3c2

Art
"Steve Prendergast" <stevepren-newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No disrespect was indended Art.
>

> --
> -Steve P.
I know - I was just hoping to set the tone for the followups

bill

Wow, that's sad to hear :( My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and
family. I had seen him at a number of auctions in the past years and noticed
he hadn't been to the SA auctions I went to this summer. It'll seem weird to
not see him there anymore.

"Steve Prendergast" <stevenprendergast@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Saw this on RGP and thought I'd pass it along over here...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/8t3c2

Man that's a young age to pass away. I feel for his family. I didn't know
him but had seen him at the auctions. It looks like he tended to take the
ridicule in stride until someone talked about physically harming him. If
everyone acted that way the world would be a better place.

Mark Hooks