GeForce 2 Card and VI chip sets

G

I just bought a asus A7V board and a Asus 7700 GeForce 2 GTS card i have been haveing lots of problems with this combo is it me or is there a incompatability with the Nvidia chips and the VI chip set? it will crash under regular windows operations and it leaves white specks on my desktop. in game play it works great but it does skip every now and then and the screen will flash white at times. i had exactly the same problem a few years ago with the asus P5A and a Riva TNT card. when i put my old voodoo3 3500 in the A7V or i even the voodoo5 5500 and they all work great. is there no hope for the A7V and a GeForce? any help with this would be apreciated thanks. =)

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What drivers you running? Are your AGP bus drivers updated? My friend setup his Abit KT7 (VIA KT133) with a GF2 card and it is all good. Although my VIA chipset is older (MVP3), My V7700 runs great. I would check out the drivers.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

G

im runing all the latest drivers avalable from asus for the A7V and GF2 i even tryed the nvidia drivers for the video card. still no go.

RavenPrime

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have an A7V with an Elsa Geforce2 GTS card. I can only get the system to run stable using older Detonator2 drivers.
My current version is 4.12.01.0206-0150.
The D3 drivers have all been unstable on my system, even the beta drivers.
Like you, my games run great but my Office programs and IE5.5 repeatedly lockup and my desktop occaisionally did wierd things.

:cool: James