Status
Not open for further replies.

teoji

Honorable
Nov 26, 2012
I am in urgent need of advice...

1. What is your budget?
1000-1200 euros

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
preferably at least 1600x900

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
at least 4 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
not really

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
nothing major, programming + math software possibly

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
not much

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4-5 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
don't need an optical drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
Finland

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm basically looking for a portable computer that I can take with me to university lectures and do some schoolwork on, but which is future-proof enough that it will last me for at least 4 years. Priorities are a good screen and portability.

Okay so the main point of this question is: the previous-generation sony vaio z is being offered for 1000 euros with the following specs:

screen: 1600x900 vaio display premium
processor: intel i5-2450M
ram: 4gb
memory: 128gb ssd raid 0

so should i just jump on this offer or are there better options for me? This is kind of urgent as there are currently only 2 units left in the online store offering them...

Status
Not open for further replies.