Task Manager disabled

July 3, 2005 7:40:02 PM

My computer was just fine and my son was on some website and within 5 minutes
some SPY SHERIFF was on my computer and brought a lot of problems. I am
unable to pull up the task manager it says that it has been disabled by my
administrator, which is me and I didn't do it. Please explain how I can
enable it again. THANKS!! I do not know how it is legal for them to
download their programs on your computer without permission.

More about : task manager disabled

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 9:48:49 PM

Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

Your PC is probably now infected with viruses/spyware/malware.

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69...

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivi...

Install Avast! antivirus program (FREE)

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Deb's having problems again" wrote:

| My computer was just fine and my son was on some website and within 5 minutes
| some SPY SHERIFF was on my computer and brought a lot of problems. I am
| unable to pull up the task manager it says that it has been disabled by my
| administrator, which is me and I didn't do it. Please explain how I can
| enable it again. THANKS!! I do not know how it is legal for them to
| download their programs on your computer without permission.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 3:50:46 AM

Try this Link.
Good Luck