Task Manager disabled

My computer was just fine and my son was on some website and within 5 minutes
some SPY SHERIFF was on my computer and brought a lot of problems. I am
unable to pull up the task manager it says that it has been disabled by my
administrator, which is me and I didn't do it. Please explain how I can
enable it again. THANKS!! I do not know how it is legal for them to
download their programs on your computer without permission.
2 answers Last reply
More about task manager disabled

    Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    Your PC is probably now infected with viruses/spyware/malware.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    Antivirus software: Frequently asked questions
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/antivirus.mspx

    Install Avast! antivirus program (FREE)

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
    to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

    How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

    HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Deb's having problems again" wrote:

    | My computer was just fine and my son was on some website and within 5 minutes
    | some SPY SHERIFF was on my computer and brought a lot of problems. I am
    | unable to pull up the task manager it says that it has been disabled by my
    | administrator, which is me and I didn't do it. Please explain how I can
    | enable it again. THANKS!! I do not know how it is legal for them to
    | download their programs on your computer without permission.

    Try this Link.
    Good Luck
    http://forum.iamnotageek.com/t-803420.html

    "Deb's having problems again..." <Deb's having problems
    again...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My computer was just fine and my son was on some website and within 5
    > minutes
    > some SPY SHERIFF was on my computer and brought a lot of problems. I am
    > unable to pull up the task manager it says that it has been disabled by my
    > administrator, which is me and I didn't do it. Please explain how I can
    > enable it again. THANKS!! I do not know how it is legal for them to
    > download their programs on your computer without permission.

Computers Task Manager Windows XP