An Unusual Problem with Desktop Folders

Ever since I installed a 3rd party Explorer replacement (since uninstalled),
called Powerdesk, when I doubleclick on Desktop folders I get an error
message from Windows XP that says --Can Not Find c:\Documents and Settings\My
Account\Desktop\Folder--. But if I right click and Open, it opens normally.
This only happens with folders, not with Shortcuts to folders or with the
Recycle Bin. Also, I can doubleclick files, and they open normally in the
default app.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be happening, and how I
might correct it?

--
R*Horse rwinner.blogspot.com
1 answer Last reply

    "" wrote:
    > Ever since I installed a 3rd party Explorer replacement (since
    > uninstalled),
    > called Powerdesk, when I doubleclick on Desktop folders I get
    > an error
    > message from Windows XP that says --Can Not Find c:Documents
    > and SettingsMy
    > AccountDesktopFolder--. But if I right click and Open, it
    > opens normally.
    > This only happens with folders, not with Shortcuts to folders
    > or with the
    > Recycle Bin. Also, I can doubleclick files, and they open
    > normally in the
    > default app.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be
    > happening, and how I
    > might correct it?
    >
    > --
    > R*Horse rwinner.blogspot.com

    sounds like a file assosiation problem. But since im not at your
    computer, i can only poin you in the right diection.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Unusual-Problem-Desktop-Folders-ftopict552911.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1753582

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP