Anonymous Logon for File Sharing without using Simple Shar..

Tags:
  • File Sharing
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 4, 2005 11:54:45 AM

Please teach me how to allow anonymous logon (no need to enter
user/pass) for file/printer sharing in Windows XP without using Simple
Sharing.

More about : anonymous logon file sharing simple shar

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 11:54:46 AM

The Guest account will do that. Aside from that, NO user is 'logged on anonymously'

Any object allows access based on the Permissions list. Put the Guest account, (or all users) on the list.
Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040): http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0...
--
Mark L. Ferguson
!