WGR614v1 Latest Firmware Upgrade

THe newest firmware upgrade for the WGR614v1 router (firmware version
1.40 aka 1400) appears stable thus far. I've been using it all week
with the WPA-PSK encryption enabled. Could it be that Netgear has
finally got it right? Only time will tell.
5 answers Last reply
More about wgr614v1 latest firmware upgrade

    I installed the same firmware. The router seems to work fine. However the
    netgear WAG511 card in the laptop has problems. The netgear utility
    'forgets' the passphrase each time you reboot. I switched to the windows
    utility. thing seem ok now. as you said time will tell

    Scott

    "Doug Jamal" <unimportantbishiv6atyahoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > THe newest firmware upgrade for the WGR614v1 router (firmware version
    > 1.40 aka 1400) appears stable thus far. I've been using it all week
    > with the WPA-PSK encryption enabled. Could it be that Netgear has
    > finally got it right? Only time will tell.

    I had no luck connecting to my router when using WPA, WEP is still
    fine. I have wireless connection limited by MAC address and I
    disabled SSID broadcast.

    Doug Jamal <unimportantbishiv6atyahoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ff1390172i5jsn63f811inni0lbepjs7mr@4ax.com>...
    > THe newest firmware upgrade for the WGR614v1 router (firmware version
    > 1.40 aka 1400) appears stable thus far. I've been using it all week
    > with the WPA-PSK encryption enabled. Could it be that Netgear has
    > finally got it right? Only time will tell.

    It appears that if you do not have an administrative privileges, the
    Netgear utility, when connected to the WGR614v1 with firmware 1400),
    does not maintain the passphrase or even allow you to save your
    configuration. Bummer!

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:47:43 -0500, "Rogahn"
    <srogahndontmail@charter.net> wrote:

    >I installed the same firmware. The router seems to work fine. However the
    >netgear WAG511 card in the laptop has problems. The netgear utility
    >'forgets' the passphrase each time you reboot. I switched to the windows
    >utility. thing seem ok now. as you said time will tell
    >
    >Scott
    >

    >"Doug Jamal" <unimportantbishiv6atyahoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> THe newest firmware upgrade for the WGR614v1 router (firmware version
    >> 1.40 aka 1400) appears stable thus far. I've been using it all week
    >> with the WPA-PSK encryption enabled. Could it be that Netgear has
    >> finally got it right? Only time will tell.

    I upgraded to 1400 beta. The WEP setting still work fine but whenever
    I change the Netgear router settings to WPA, my Netgear WG511 card
    will not connect. I am using the latest v2.1.22 driver. When I do a
    Scan of my router from the Netgear WG511 software it says the router
    is still using WEP. I have SSID set to No Broadcast and have limited
    the wireless connection settings by MAC address. Has anyone had the
    same issues with these settings?

    Doug Jamal <unimportantbishiv6atyahoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<e558901gbkv2nofekl19nolt1and4q6knf@4ax.com>...
    > It appears that if you do not have an administrative privileges, the
    > Netgear utility, when connected to the WGR614v1 with firmware 1400),
    > does not maintain the passphrase or even allow you to save your
    > configuration. Bummer!
    >
    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:47:43 -0500, "Rogahn"
    > <srogahndontmail@charter.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I installed the same firmware. The router seems to work fine. However the
    > >netgear WAG511 card in the laptop has problems. The netgear utility
    > >'forgets' the passphrase each time you reboot. I switched to the windows
    > >utility. thing seem ok now. as you said time will tell
    > >
    > >Scott
    > >

    > >"Doug Jamal" <unimportantbishiv6atyahoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> THe newest firmware upgrade for the WGR614v1 router (firmware version
    > >> 1.40 aka 1400) appears stable thus far. I've been using it all week
    > >> with the WPA-PSK encryption enabled. Could it be that Netgear has
    > >> finally got it right? Only time will tell.

    Initially, when I enabled WPA, I was getting the dreaded "connect then
    disconnect loop". However, after rebooting the router, the connection
    became permanent and still is.

    On 1 May 2004 20:06:18 -0700, bstewart68@hotmail.com (boopers) wrote:

    >I had no luck connecting to my router when using WPA, WEP is still
    >fine. I have wireless connection limited by MAC address and I
    >disabled SSID broadcast.
    >
    >Doug Jamal <unimportantbishiv6atyahoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ff1390172i5jsn63f811inni0lbepjs7mr@4ax.com>...
    >> THe newest firmware upgrade for the WGR614v1 router (firmware version
    >> 1.40 aka 1400) appears stable thus far. I've been using it all week
    >> with the WPA-PSK encryption enabled. Could it be that Netgear has
    >> finally got it right? Only time will tell.

Wireless Firmware Internet Wireless Networking