Various time CD recording

Windows XP, SP2, I.E, and questions:

I would like to save several Word written letters to a CD and record them at
different times, just like I would do on a floppy disk. When I tried this,
I was told the disk was full and could not be written to. I use either
WindowsXP, Record Now or MusicMatch to record information. How do I set my
computer to record items at different times?
If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to the correct one.
Inez
2 answers Last reply
More about various time recording

    You cannot use a CD-R like a floppy.
    You can use a CD-RW and packet writing software to do that.

    Bobby

    "inez" <inez@DoNotCall.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP, SP2, I.E, and questions:
    >
    > I would like to save several Word written letters to a CD and record them
    > at
    > different times, just like I would do on a floppy disk. When I tried
    > this,
    > I was told the disk was full and could not be written to. I use either
    > WindowsXP, Record Now or MusicMatch to record information. How do I set
    > my
    > computer to record items at different times?
    > If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to the correct one.
    > Inez

    For the Windows XP CD Writing Wizard:

    To add more files to a CD

    1.. Insert the writable CD into the CD recorder.
    2.. Open My Computer, and check that there is available disk space on the
    CD to add more files.
    To check the available disk space on the CD, in My Computer, right-click
    the CD recording drive, and then click Properties.

    3.. Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD. To select more
    than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want.
    Then, under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder,
    or Copy the selected items.
    If the files are located in My Pictures, under Picture Tasks, click Copy
    to CD or Copy all items to CD, and then skip to step 5.

    4.. In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then
    click Copy.
    5.. In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays
    a temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD.
    Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear
    under Files Ready to be Written to the CD.
    6.. Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows
    displays the CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard.
    If the CD is not full, you can add more files to the CD by repeating this
    process.

    Notes

    a.. To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
    b.. After you copy files or folders to the CD, it is useful to view the CD
    to confirm that the files are copied. For more information, click Related
    Topics.

    The above is taken directly from Help and Support under the topic of "cd
    writing wizard".

    "inez" <inez@DoNotCall.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP, SP2, I.E, and questions:
    >
    > I would like to save several Word written letters to a CD and record them
    > at
    > different times, just like I would do on a floppy disk. When I tried
    > this,
    > I was told the disk was full and could not be written to. I use either
    > WindowsXP, Record Now or MusicMatch to record information. How do I set
    > my
    > computer to record items at different times?
    > If I am in the wrong group, please direct me to the correct one.
    > Inez

    begin 666 shortcutCold.gif
    M1TE&.#EA"0`)`*(``(AZA68)>\#<P+_4OH" @ ```````````"P`````"0`)
    B```#'$@$W"HCR##>B+*2.ZG"E+=EEQ9=0OI%J:J\< (`.P``