RivaTNT+SBAWE64+CeleronCPU=Distortion?

G

Hi Ive Been running a Celeron 366 oc'd to 450 and ive noticed that whenever I view a Webpage with lots of text and i scroll thru that text, or even just viewing regular webpages, my Sound becomes garbage, Even playing diablo2,... the little Fire Animation kills music...,It seems the more graphic intensive the more the sound playing becomes degridated. Is there any Solution to this? Ive tried new sound card drivers, New Video Card drivers, Underclocking the Cpu.

Celeron 366 oc/458
Commate P2BXB-V
SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold
Graphics Blaster RivaTNT
are these parts somehow incompatible..has anyone else had this problem?

G

Check to make sure that your sound card and your video card are NOT sharing the same IRQ.

G

these parts work great altogether.
the pci speed is too high and the soundblaster doesn't like it.

seems the sound card fried. replace with another one.
drivers won't help at this point.

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

G

If the PCI speed was too high wouldnt it have killed the Video Card? The SoundCard is on a ISA Slot...And If it was Fried wouldnt it not Work at all? I just upgraded my bios and it allowed me to up the Clock to 458, for the last year its been at 412, 366 to 412, now its 458, The minute i put this computer together I had this problem, Its just annoyed me so much until now. Creative Told me its The Celeron thats doing this, Hah...Because they say on the box they require a GENUINE Intel CPU and they believe Celeron isnt a True Intel Cpu... retards.

G

And I even tried a Fresh Install of Win98, on a completely different HardDrive and it would still do the wierd distortion.

I dunno what to say, Could it be that the ISA card is messing with my PCI Video Card and is somehow being corrupted by it.

G

Creative BS. if Celeron is not a GENUINE Intel cpu, then what else should it be? Only Pentium 1,2,3 & 4 are GENUINE?!
what a j/k! :mad:

BTW, i forget that AWE64 comes with both PCI and ISA version.
Anyway, try set the ISA bus speed to 1/4 (1/3 is default i belive) or even 7.xxxMhz.

good luck.

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>