Very new to this and need a hand...

Well i guess i jumped into this without thinking it all through first!
I just bought what seems to be an aftermarket MK1 board from a fellow
local to me. I understand the basics of how to hook the board up but it
doesn't appear to have the Jamma+ connector. It has the standard edge
connector and not one other connector visible. There is a secondary
board that's mounted to the main board with 2, many pinned connectors
(like maybe hundreds of pins). I see no heatsinks or larger transistors
that would make me think this is a sound board, but i hope it is. I was
informed the board worked well and the sound also worked well.

I'm starting to think i should have spent more and bought a true Midway
MK1 board. A plus was the Midway manual that came with it, though it's
really of no use since the boards look very different.

Is there any hope for me or should i just resell it?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Scott

Mortal Kombat was released on 2 diff boards. Midway Y unit and and
midway T unit. Thats probably why the board and manual dont match.
System16.com should be able to help you figure out which board you
have.

Paul