How do I increase profits?

In CM 01/02 in my 8 years managing Madrid I have won 8 league titles, 8
CLs, 8 Copas del Rey, 8 Spanish Super Cups, 8 Intercontinental Cups,
win the league each year with about 30 points lead etc, etc, etc.

And on many ocasions I get the Santiago Bernabey filled to it's full
capacity but despite all this whenever I ask the board to augment the
stadium they say no despite a 250 million balance and tell me never to
discuss it again.

How can I increase the club's profits if I don't sell players and they
don't let me increase the stadium? Is there money in tours or
friendlies?

André
3 answers Last reply
More about increase profits

    <homem-da-natureza@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

    In CM 01/02 in my 8 years managing Madrid I have won 8 league titles, 8
    CLs, 8 Copas del Rey, 8 Spanish Super Cups, 8 Intercontinental Cups,
    win the league each year with about 30 points lead etc, etc, etc.

    And on many ocasions I get the Santiago Bernabey filled to it's full
    capacity but despite all this whenever I ask the board to augment the
    stadium they say no despite a 250 million balance and tell me never to
    discuss it again.

    How can I increase the club's profits if I don't sell players and they
    don't let me increase the stadium? Is there money in tours or
    friendlies?

    André

    AFAIK IRRC there are maxima on stadium expansion... Maybe it;s impossible to
    expand any further... look at the editor to be sure.

    Then again... I thought there was a "-MOVE GROUND" option to move.. But one
    of the other fellows in here should fill you in on that one

    On the 6 Sep 2005, homem-da-natureza@hotmail.com wrote:

    > In CM 01/02 in my 8 years managing Madrid I have won 8 league titles, 8
    > CLs, 8 Copas del Rey, 8 Spanish Super Cups, 8 Intercontinental Cups,
    > win the league each year with about 30 points lead etc, etc, etc.

    Maybe it's time for you to look for a new challenge at another club?

    <snip>

    > How can I increase the club's profits if I don't sell players and they
    > don't let me increase the stadium? Is there money in tours or
    > friendlies?

    Regardless of what your board and shareholders may think, club profits
    exist so that you can invest them in things of practical use to the
    team, like buying new players, paying better wages, investing in youth
    development, increasing your own salary and building a 1000 foot tall
    solid platinum statue of yourself outside the ground.

    --
    Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

    nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

    On the 6 Sep 2005, "Hari Seldon" <roel.pieper@philips.com> wrote:

    <snip>

    > Then again... I thought there was a "-MOVE GROUND" option to move.. But one
    > of the other fellows in here should fill you in on that one

    IIRC, there's no option to build a new ground in 01/02. In FM2005,
    short of pre-programed moves entered in the database, I think it's only
    available as a Board Request if you're ground-sharing with someone else
    and you don't own the ground.

    --
    Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

    nospam@jades.org /is/ a real email address!

Games Video Games