WMP54G ACT LED Green

According to Linksys, the LED should stay on if power is supplied to the
NIC. "ACT LED Green. The ACT LED lights up when the Adapter is powered on."

When the system (XP HOME) comes up our WMP54G card ACT LED comes on then
goes off after about 30 seconds..
This would explain why the driver installation setup starts and in a
fraction of a second disappears.

XP recognizes the device and yet shortly after that the light goes out.
Hardware problem only?

Has anyone heard of the Linsksys drivers for WMP54G NIC setup just running
for a split second on Windows XP?

TIA

That happens to me if the CD is in the drive
I assumed that the behavior is caused becauseon compute startup, XP starts
linksys setup from CD, then detects that it already has the drivers
installed, then exits setup

"NewsGroup" <galpa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> According to Linksys, the LED should stay on if power is supplied to the
> NIC. "ACT LED Green. The ACT LED lights up when the Adapter is powered
on."

> When the system (XP HOME) comes up our WMP54G card ACT LED comes on then
> goes off after about 30 seconds..
> This would explain why the driver installation setup starts and in a
> fraction of a second disappears.
>
> XP recognizes the device and yet shortly after that the light goes out.
> Hardware problem only?
>
> Has anyone heard of the Linsksys drivers for WMP54G NIC setup just running
> for a split second on Windows XP?
>
> TIA

I had this problem as well.

I am pretty sure it is driver related. You should probably uninstall
all the wireless g drivers you have on your computer (don't forget to
get rid of the hidden drivers as well - view->show hidden devices (or
something like that))

I found that the drivers on the linksys page work fine with a non
standard XP but not on XP-SP1. My linksys driver CDROM has drivers
with a slightly later modification time than those on the web page.
These drivers appear to be fine under both XP and XP-SP1.

Look for dirvers with these mod times

bcm43xx.cat Tuesday, 15 July 2003, 5:25:54 PM
bcmwl5.inf Friday, 22 August 2003, 11:39:04 AM
bcmwl5.sys Thursday, 17 July 2003, 6:40:06 PM

All linksys wpm54g drivers that I have seen for xp are unsigned.
If there a signed (certified for xp) drivers out there could somebody
point
me in the correct direction.

Regards
Farro