Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Cjeck out my friends Defender Cabinet/ Stereo System.

Tags:
  • Defender
  • Games
  • Video
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 11:33:46 PM

Gave a friend a Defender cabinet that was converted to NEO-GEO and
painted Grey. He restored it to almost new but instead of making it a
defender he gutted the insides and put in a stereo.
<A HREF="http://www.73ford.com/defender"> Defender</A>

More about : cjeck friends defender cabinet stereo system

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:36:17 AM

oh i just want to puke
September 22, 2005 5:18:46 AM

I dont get it <shrug>

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

"Noice87" <sweetestcocguy@aol.com> wrote in message
> Gave a friend a Defender cabinet that was converted to NEO-GEO and
> painted Grey. He restored it to almost new but instead of making it a
> defender he gutted the insides and put in a stereo.
> <A HREF="http://www.73ford.com/defender"> Defender</A>

September 22, 2005 7:26:32 AM

Hi,

Looks like a lot of work to repaint the cab only to turn it into a POS.

Mark Capps

Jayson wrote:

> I dont get it <shrug>
>
> Different strokes for different folks I guess.
>
> "Noice87" <sweetestcocguy@aol.com> wrote in message
>
>>Gave a friend a Defender cabinet that was converted to NEO-GEO and
>>painted Grey. He restored it to almost new but instead of making it a
>>defender he gutted the insides and put in a stereo.
>><A HREF="http://www.73ford.com/defender"> Defender</A>

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 7:53:31 AM

Maybe if he would of got a Defender bezel and cut it in down and in
half to make a coupe doors to cover up the stereo.
The lights from the stereo would still show through, but the arcade
look would be, more...

-Tim
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 7:58:51 AM

coupe is suppose to be couple.

Don't know what happened there.

-Tim
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 10:57:44 AM

I dunno, I ain't feeling it either. I mean it should at least have
something more visual in it, like a TV, computer monitor, Fish Tank,
something, where the monitor normally is. I've seen something similar
that a guy used for his X box and PS2...
September 22, 2005 11:09:34 AM

It's a shame that such an awfully nice looking Defender cabinet isn't
actually being used for Defender. *shrugs*
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 11:46:30 AM

"Defender cabs are a dime a dozen, around here"

Really? Then I'll take a dozen! Do you accept paypal? :)
Does that include Shipping? :)

Sorry couldn't resist!
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 12:50:55 PM

Yeah, it seems that most of this stuff comes from either the Northeast
or the West coast. The midwest has been picking up a little lately,
and I know there's a few people in the Chicago area who are pretty
active here.
How much does a fully restored defender pull in nowadays anyway? I've
never even thought about adding that game to my collection, even though
it's a great game, of course if a deal came around that I couldn't
refuse....
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:14:21 PM

It looks like he used the peel and stick sideart to redo the cab, which they
stated was converted anyway. Defender cabs are a dime a dozen, around here
at least, just be glad it wasn't a Quantum or Major Havoc. I agree though,
it needs something more to stand out from the front.

Scott

<joey@thejadedgamer.net> wrote in message
> It's a shame that such an awfully nice looking Defender cabinet isn't
> actually being used for Defender. *shrugs*

September 22, 2005 2:32:38 PM

I've never come across too many Defender cabs in and around my neck of
the woods (Chattanooga, TN). Pac and Ms. Pac cabs, however, are
plentiful... (but that's probably true everywhere).

www.JoeysArcade.com
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 3:40:22 PM

They sure seem to be. Unfortunately, they're all converted and I've never
seen one with side art intact. I've picked up at least 5 of them and had to
use the peel and stick art on them to restore them. I know of 4 or 5 of
them kicking around at an Op's place but they all have something else in
them like Mr. Do's Wild Ride or something and they're all painted over.
I've never gotten really big bucks for Defenders even when they've been
totally restored. Usually, I had a bunch of parts for one and it made sense
to uncovert and restore one. The Northeast is a pretty good place to
collect and find junkers.

Scott

"RedWolfJC" <redwolfjc@excite.com> wrote in message
> "Defender cabs are a dime a dozen, around here"
>
> Really? Then I'll take a dozen! Do you accept paypal? :)
> Does that include Shipping? :)
>
> Sorry couldn't resist!

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 4:24:57 PM

I think the most I've ever gotten for one was $600, with all new art on it
that was available and minimal profit for myself. I've never ebayed one so
I don't know what they fetch on there. I've read that Defender was the 2nd
most produced game right behind Ms. Pacman but I'm not sure if that's true
or not. But I enjoy restoring games, most of the games that I've totally
restored and sold off have me making less than $6 an hour on them. The man
hours are tough on some of these old beat-up games.

> Yeah, it seems that most of this stuff comes from either the Northeast
> or the West coast. The midwest has been picking up a little lately,
> and I know there's a few people in the Chicago area who are pretty
> active here.
> How much does a fully restored defender pull in nowadays anyway? I've
> never even thought about adding that game to my collection, even though
> it's a great game, of course if a deal came around that I couldn't
> refuse....

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 7:59:37 PM

Not around here. You can find converted Pac cabs easily but the Ms. Pac and
Galaga variety seem pretty scarce up in these parts. (CT) Probably because
most of them have been snatched up already.

> I've never come across too many Defender cabs in and around my neck of
> the woods (Chattanooga, TN). Pac and Ms. Pac cabs, however, are
> plentiful... (but that's probably true everywhere).
>

> www.JoeysArcade.com

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 8:30:42 PM

NWO is a good place to find them. We may have a few that will be stripped
down as they are conversion games. The Defender cabs are made of wood so
they have lasted the test of time. If anyone is near Thunder Bay, Ontario,
Canada I can probably get you a good deal but shipping will kill you. Repro
cabs should be cheap from Arcade Shop too.

Michael Lenardon
"RedWolfJC" <redwolfjc@excite.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, it seems that most of this stuff comes from either the Northeast
> or the West coast. The midwest has been picking up a little lately,
> and I know there's a few people in the Chicago area who are pretty
> active here.
> How much does a fully restored defender pull in nowadays anyway? I've
> never even thought about adding that game to my collection, even though
> it's a great game, of course if a deal came around that I couldn't
> refuse....

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 3:02:31 AM

Purely SATANIC!
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 1:36:44 PM

I say we tie him up behind a truck and drag him.

jon

--
http://www.arcade-classics.com
<lenscape@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Purely SATANIC!

Anonymous
September 29, 2005 3:06:19 PM

more like GAYtanic

<lenscape@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Purely SATANIC!

Anonymous
September 30, 2005 6:18:35 AM

Actually, one empty cab I'd really like is a Double Dragon... JAMMA, monitor
can mount either way, and a DRAWER. The perfect JAMMA cab.

"mark" <rcsystms1@aol.com> wrote in message
>I guess ill have to name my first born "Zinfer" now since he saved one
> of the most common games out there. I have a empty Double Dragon cab if
> you want another project.Ha

February 25, 2006 9:21:20 PM

why the hell would you pay for peel and stick side art. There's a very simple way to restore stencled on side art.
buy frisket film
make a stincle
sand
airbrush
(and if you don't know how to mix paint, just buy a color chart and play with it till you get it, do it on a small scale first, and remember, not ever blue is the same, not ever red is the same, ect.)
trust me, you'd end up with a better, more close to org cab, and you'd save a shit load of money.
p.s. that defender is a bastardization, and if i ever meet that guy i'm gonna kick him squar in da nutz!