IE6 closing when requesting a download

If I try to select to save/download an attachment within an email from my web
based mail server, IE6 automatically closes. If I do the same action using
Netscape, I get an error message and cannot download. However when using
Opera, I have no problems downloading. This is not just related to email
attachments but if I tried to open a PDF from a website - any suggestions
please?

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson