I have a Dell Lattitude C640 that was re-imaged in November, 2004. I
have had a sound/video problem every sense but decided to live with it
as sound or video wasn't high on my priority list. The problem is that
the video and sound stutters (or perhaps it is jerky). Now have several
web classes coming up so decided to try and fix the problem with out a
new re-image (Dell Rep Solution).

I tried everything suggested with no results and then ran Dell
Diagnostics as a last resort. Everything passed but now I find:

1) Sound/video works perfectly at work if the PC is not docked.
2) Sound/video is bad at work if the PC is docked.
3) Sound/video is bad at home - PC not docked.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the Wireless Card (based on
something I read on the Internet) but the Wireless card is disabled at
work whether in Dock or not in Dock, which lead me to believe it was the
docking station. But at home it doesn't work and it is not docked. I
know it is something very simple that I am overlooking. Very
confusing.....any suggestions would be appreciated.

Coorslte

BigJim

the only constant is the power supply you may want to check that.
just a guess