Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

I am sure that I had my XP Home Edition PC set up to enter the Euro Symbol
via the keyboard using the "Alt Gr" + the 4 key. Now it does not work.
Cant find anything to help on MS website. I am using . The Euro Symbol
is
shown on they '4 key with the US dollar sign and the 4 with the Euro sign
in
the bottom-right corner of the key.

They keyboard is a Microsoft branded Internet Keyboard with a standard UK
qwerty 102-key keyboard. I am using UK regional settings with the £ (GB
pound) as my normal currency symbol.

Anyone know a fix please?

Thanks!

--

Jim

It has removed 25 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Hi

Have you tried Alt + Ctrl + 4?

Alt Gr brings up the Euro Symbol here using a UK setup.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Jim" <jim@nospam.net> wrote in message
>I am sure that I had my XP Home Edition PC set up to enter the Euro Symbol
> via the keyboard using the "Alt Gr" + the 4 key. Now it does not work.
> Cant find anything to help on MS website. I am using . The Euro Symbol
> is
> shown on they '4 key with the US dollar sign and the 4 with the Euro sign
> in
> the bottom-right corner of the key.
>
> They keyboard is a Microsoft branded Internet Keyboard with a standard UK
> qwerty 102-key keyboard. I am using UK regional settings with the £ (GB
> pound) as my normal currency symbol.
>
> Anyone know a fix please?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Jim

> It has removed 25 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

I think that behaviour has to be built into the application. Microsoft and
Macromedia seem to support the ? symbol, whereas Textpad , a text editor
doesn't at least on my system.

Chelsea

chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

> Alt Gr brings up the Euro Symbol here using a UK setup.

Isn't that what Jim wants to happen Will?

Hi,

did you try with "AltGr" + "e"? It works on many keyboards.

Regards

Fernando

"Jim" <jim@nospam.net> escribió en el mensaje

> I am sure that I had my XP Home Edition PC set up to enter the Euro Symbol
> via the keyboard using the "Alt Gr" + the 4 key. Now it does not work.
> Cant find anything to help on MS website. I am using . The Euro Symbol
> is
> shown on they '4 key with the US dollar sign and the 4 with the Euro sign
> in
> the bottom-right corner of the key.
>
> They keyboard is a Microsoft branded Internet Keyboard with a standard UK
> qwerty 102-key keyboard. I am using UK regional settings with the £ (GB
> pound) as my normal currency symbol.
>
> Anyone know a fix please?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Jim

> It has removed 25 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Hi

I can't make Alt Gr + e work with a UK setup. The alternative is Alt + Ctrl
+ 4.

--

"Fernando de la Cuadra" <fdelacuadra@_sinesto_pandasoftware.com> wrote in
message news:3isu63Fmt7l0U1@individual.net...

"Chelsea" <gallium1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Alt Gr brings up the Euro Symbol here using a UK setup.
>>
> Isn't that what Jim wants to happen Will?

Yes, but it's not working for him - I was just stating that it *does* work
here with a UK keyboard. I suggested an alternative that 'should' work.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

that's interesting, Outlook Express allows Alt Gr and key 4 to insert the
euro sign, but when published here it substitutes a ? character

Hi

Try sending the email as Unicode.

--

> that's interesting, Outlook Express allows Alt Gr and key 4 to insert the
> euro sign, but when published here it substitutes a ? character

Jim

Thanks, I tried that but all it did was insert a lowercase "e"

--

Jim
"Fernando de la Cuadra" <fdelacuadra@_sinesto_pandasoftware.com> wrote in
message news:3isu63Fmt7l0U1@individual.net...

> Hi,
>
> did you try with "AltGr" + "e"? It works on many keyboards.
>
> Regards
>
> Fernando
>
> "Jim" <jim@nospam.net> escribió en el mensaje
>>
>> I am sure that I had my XP Home Edition PC set up to enter the Euro
>> Symbol
>> via the keyboard using the "Alt Gr" + the 4 key. Now it does not work.
>> Cant find anything to help on MS website. I am using . The Euro
Symbol
>> is
>> shown on they '4 key with the US dollar sign and the 4 with the Euro
sign
>> in
>> the bottom-right corner of the key.
>>
>> They keyboard is a Microsoft branded Internet Keyboard with a standard
UK
>> qwerty 102-key keyboard. I am using UK regional settings with the £
(GB
>> pound) as my normal currency symbol.
>>
>> Anyone know a fix please?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Jim
>>

>> --
>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>> It has removed 25 spam emails to date.
>> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

It has removed 54 spam emails to date.

> Hi
>
> Have you tried Alt + Ctrl + 4?

Will. that did nothing for me!

> Alt Gr brings up the Euro Symbol here using a UK setup.

Will, yes, I am sure that used to work for me but not sure what has changed,
or how to (re)implement it.

> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Jim" <jim@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>I am sure that I had my XP Home Edition PC set up to enter the Euro Symbol
>> via the keyboard using the "Alt Gr" + the 4 key. Now it does not work.
>> Cant find anything to help on MS website. I am using . The Euro Symbol
>> is
>> shown on they '4 key with the US dollar sign and the 4 with the Euro sign
>> in
>> the bottom-right corner of the key.
>>
>> They keyboard is a Microsoft branded Internet Keyboard with a standard UK
>> qwerty 102-key keyboard. I am using UK regional settings with the £ (GB
>> pound) as my normal currency symbol.
>>
>> Anyone know a fix please?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Jim
>>

>> --
>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>> It has removed 25 spam emails to date.
>> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

--

Jim

Alt 0128 on the numeric keypad.

> Thanks, I tried that but all it did was insert a lowercase "e"
>
> --
>
> Jim
> "Fernando de la Cuadra" <fdelacuadra@_sinesto_pandasoftware.com> wrote in
> message news:3isu63Fmt7l0U1@individual.net...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> did you try with "AltGr" + "e"? It works on many keyboards.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Fernando
>>
>> "Jim" <jim@nospam.net> escribió en el mensaje
>>>
>>> I am sure that I had my XP Home Edition PC set up to enter the Euro
>>> Symbol
>>> via the keyboard using the "Alt Gr" + the 4 key. Now it does not work.
>>> Cant find anything to help on MS website. I am using . The Euro
> Symbol
>>> is
>>> shown on they '4 key with the US dollar sign and the 4 with the Euro
> sign
>>> in
>>> the bottom-right corner of the key.
>>>
>>> They keyboard is a Microsoft branded Internet Keyboard with a standard
> UK
>>> qwerty 102-key keyboard. I am using UK regional settings with the £
> (GB
>>> pound) as my normal currency symbol.
>>>
>>> Anyone know a fix please?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

>>> --
>>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>>> It has removed 25 spam emails to date.
>>> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>>> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

> It has removed 54 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Sorry...

I tried it in some keyboards and it works! :-(

"Jim" <jim@nospam.net> escribió en el mensaje

> Thanks, I tried that but all it did was insert a lowercase "e"
>
> --
>
> Jim
> "Fernando de la Cuadra" <fdelacuadra@_sinesto_pandasoftware.com> wrote in
> message news:3isu63Fmt7l0U1@individual.net...
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> did you try with "AltGr" + "e"? It works on many keyboards.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Fernando
>>
>> "Jim" <jim@nospam.net> escribió en el mensaje
>>>
>>> I am sure that I had my XP Home Edition PC set up to enter the Euro
>>> Symbol
>>> via the keyboard using the "Alt Gr" + the 4 key. Now it does not work.
>>> Cant find anything to help on MS website. I am using . The Euro
> Symbol
>>> is
>>> shown on they '4 key with the US dollar sign and the 4 with the Euro
> sign
>>> in
>>> the bottom-right corner of the key.
>>>
>>> They keyboard is a Microsoft branded Internet Keyboard with a standard
> UK
>>> qwerty 102-key keyboard. I am using UK regional settings with the £
> (GB
>>> pound) as my normal currency symbol.
>>>
>>> Anyone know a fix please?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>

>>> --
>>> I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>>> It has removed 25 spam emails to date.
>>> Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>>> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

> It has removed 54 spam emails to date.
> Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

I read the previous posts and tried the "AltGr" + "e" combination, and it certainly works on my UK (hp) keyboard! Thanks for the fixed, this has been bothering me for months before I visited this website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS