How do I choose a good laptop battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

datguy88

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hello forums!

I have recently been having trouble with my laptop in which I can't have the computer not charging, or else it dies instantly, so I decided to look into a new battery.

The problem I am having is that on sites like Amazon, there are many "off-brand" battery names at the prices I am looking for, and so-called official brands for three times those prices. If I must buy an expensive one to get a battery that works, I am willing, as I would hate to buy something that kills my laptop.

Could anyone please tell me a good brand for laptop batteries, especially for Sony Vaio laptops?

Thank you very much for any advice you can give me as this is my first time replacing the battery!

ian magic

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

hha, i just have the problem with recently, My HP DV4 laptop battery has broke but i am not willing to buy a new one, so i search around at amazon, because of the BF, so i see a lot of great selling, after detail looking , i decided to buy ravpower dv4 battery, i already received my battery , so far so good, you could try this, i better they must have sony battery

PiereceBaby

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I bought a DELL battery from Ravpower on Amazon a while ago when it was on special for $9.99. Everything seems to be very good. Didn't notice any difference with the stock battery. Just look for a battery with good review rating on Amazon and you should be fine.

drmpark

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

I too was wary of buying an off brand so i did a bit of research. How? I contacted a few aftermarket manufacturers: Lenmar, Arclyte and Anker. All ,except for Arclyte, took forever to reply and were very reluctant in giving me information. I asked where they manufacture their batteries, their battery technology, accreditations/certifications, safety, etc.

I felt the most comfortable with Arclyte since they have their certifications in place were most interested in helping me out versus making a sale and use the "latest and safest" battery technologies available. I was still iffy so i ordered two batteries, one for my Dell Precision M4400 and for my Dell Latitude D631. They shipped the following day, I ordered at 8pm and arrived to me in 2 days. Installed the two and they both worked fine. It's now been almost 10 months and I've had zero problems with Arclyte batteries. They are not the cheapest batteries but the quality is pretty good. They both feel sturdy, well built and run great. You get what you pay for guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.