Reward for recovery

Hi all.
I want to offer a reward for anyone who goes to Joe Bachmanns place
and picks up all my Williams items.
I sent him around 50 different main boards from Robotron, Sinistar,
Joust, Defender and Stargate along with TWO [2] COMPLETE sets with
Clays origanal MULTI Williams. This also included working rom boards
from each said game. The Robotron set was sent in error and I have to
give it back to a fellow rgvac'r who needs it for his game.
Understandably I know this cant be done right away but I would like
them before 2006.

What am I offering?
$100 ?
or
A complete Asteroids with a monitor issue. [if local] ?
or
A pile of Missile command boards ?
or
a box of marquees ?
You tell me.

I just want my stuff back and I am sick of them being held as
prisoners.

Don
arcadeguy.com
arcadeguy@hotmail.com / arcadeguy@arcadeguy.com

Hi all,
Just an update on a few things.
I am located in Buffalo New York
Joe is located in West Chicaago.

This isnt a 'bad situation' for me or Joe. We didnt have a fight or
something. I just sent him stuff in good faith and he fell off the face
of the earth.
I need my multi williams back. I think I paid $149 each for them.[?]
I also need the Robotron set back for a fellow RGVAC'r whos game it
goes to. I sent that in error. The other stuff was a collection of
spares but they are mine so I do want them.

Reward still stands.

Don

RJ

He probably will be at the auction in Milwaukee on Saturday. I will
print this and talk to him. He lives about 15 minutes from me.

Email direct with your Phone number.

RJ

I am going to up the reward if you can get my stuff back as well and
have it shipped to me:

3 x sets of WG6100 HV, Deflection and Neck pcbs
2 x sets of WG6100 frames, sets of two sides with the chassis
transistors on them
1x Star Wars with ESB kit
1 x gravitar board

Of course he has a bunch more stuff of mine he took in trade for the
repair work on the above, 3 x Space Duel Boards, 4 x Star Wars boards 1
with old multi esb kit, 1 Ast Deluxe Board (all in various states of
repair, missing parts etc...) + $40 in return shipping. I don't care
about those, I just need the first items back to get projects I've had
for two years up and running.

I know where his place is, I have been there. He lives in West Chicago

Luke

Hans,
I do have a few acquaintances over at WCPD and a couple DuPage deputies
I talk to now and then. You are absolutely correct. The BEST way to
handle this is for everyone to contact the WCPD and make a formal
complaint. Once they get a few of these, they will be knocking on his
door. I am sure they will want documentation that you sent the
boards/parts to Joe i/e copies of emails ect. You will also need a
list of what you sent where and when i.e. copies of shipping receipts
/emails if possible. If you dont have that stuff, I would still call
and make the complaint and supply as much info as you can. This does
border a "civil matter" since you had an agreement (deals) with Joe in
regards to repair/ trade ect.....but I feel if enough of you file
complaints, they may run with the theft. I will help however I can.

-Troy

He posted to the Vectorlist today...

he uses joe@joesarcade.com

Good luck

/o

"arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> I want to offer a reward for anyone who goes to Joe Bachmanns place
> and picks up all my Williams items.
> I sent him around 50 different main boards from Robotron, Sinistar,
> Joust, Defender and Stargate along with TWO [2] COMPLETE sets with
> Clays origanal MULTI Williams. This also included working rom boards
> from each said game. The Robotron set was sent in error and I have to
> give it back to a fellow rgvac'r who needs it for his game.
> Understandably I know this cant be done right away but I would like
> them before 2006.
>
> What am I offering?
> $100 ?
> or
> A complete Asteroids with a monitor issue. [if local] ?
> or
> A pile of Missile command boards ?
> or
> a box of marquees ?
> You tell me.
>
> I just want my stuff back and I am sick of them being held as
> prisoners.
>
> Don
> arcadeguy.com
> arcadeguy@hotmail.com / arcadeguy@arcadeguy.com

Hans, Troy,

We're trying avoid all that. I guess, the original term "reward" is a
strong term and maybe inadvertantly implies that someone go over and
beat down doors, break legs and so forth. Not intended. And as Don
and maybe a few other would atest to is that Joe is a decent guy, got
burnt out, in over his head or whatever...

What is really being asked is that someone get in contact with Joe,
coordinate a time and date recover this stuff in a civil manner and
ship us back our stuff. I'd be willing to pay someone to do that. I
was hoping it wouldn't ever come down to police reports and legal
action.

Louis

Alas, it's finally come to this. I'm local to Joe and have visited his
ranch a few times. He's not a friend of mine but rather an arcade
acquaintance. I've been privately asked by two collectors to "go get my
stuff". So far, I've declined those requests. I did offer to go along
should they go to Joe's house themselves. Neither took me up.

The fundamental problem is how do I know Joe really has your stuff? It's
your word against his. You need to go to his house yourself and
straighten out your problem with Joe. Enlisting an unknown third party
is just asking for trouble.

Am I defending Joe? No, not at all. Does he owe you and others stuff?
Yes, I'm sure he does (He even has a board of mine). Can you absolutely,
100% prove it? Probably not. Even if you can, should a fellow collector
be the judge, jury and executioner? If he took something of yours and
did not give it back, that's stealing. When somebody steals, I call the
police. Why doesn't everybody call the West Chicago, IL police? You know
his name and address. A little visit from our friends in uniform should
do the trick. As a policeman Troy, if anybody can shed some light on the
legal way to collectively get everybody's stuff back, it's you. How
about it? Have any contacts on the West Chicago or DuPage County force?

Obviously you can put a bounty on Joe or do anything else you want. I
just implore you to be careful. Unintended consequences could get real ugly.

Hans O

> Hi all.
> I want to offer a reward for anyone who goes to Joe Bachmanns place
> and picks up all my Williams items.
> I sent him around 50 different main boards from Robotron, Sinistar,
> Joust, Defender and Stargate along with TWO [2] COMPLETE sets with
> Clays origanal MULTI Williams. This also included working rom boards
> from each said game. The Robotron set was sent in error and I have to
> give it back to a fellow rgvac'r who needs it for his game.
> Understandably I know this cant be done right away but I would like
> them before 2006.
>
> What am I offering?
> $100 ?
> or
> A complete Asteroids with a monitor issue. [if local] ?
> or
> A pile of Missile command boards ?
> or
> a box of marquees ?
> You tell me.
>
> I just want my stuff back and I am sick of them being held as
> prisoners.
>
> Don
> arcadeguy.com
> arcadeguy@hotmail.com / arcadeguy@arcadeguy.com

RJ

I have no problem going with Hans and collecting your stuff and
shipping it back to the real owners. If you guys can make arrangments
with Joe. My schedule during the day is flexible and I do work in and
around the Western Suburbs. I have the packing and shipping facilitys
at my work I can use. Problem is getting Joe to cough up your boards.

RJ

does he acknowledge that it's not HIS property? if not, wouldn't do
much good to go ask for it(someone else that is). Does he still have
the stuff, or has he sold it?

LouiSurfer wrote:
> Hans, Troy,
>
> We're trying avoid all that. I guess, the original term "reward" is a
> strong term and maybe inadvertantly implies that someone go over and
> beat down doors, break legs and so forth. Not intended. And as Don
> and maybe a few other would atest to is that Joe is a decent guy, got
> burnt out, in over his head or whatever...
>
> What is really being asked is that someone get in contact with Joe,
> coordinate a time and date recover this stuff in a civil manner and
> ship us back our stuff. I'd be willing to pay someone to do that. I
> was hoping it wouldn't ever come down to police reports and legal
> action.
>
> Louis

And people still promote this asswipe. Hard to believe.

jon

--
http://www.arcade-classics.com
"arcadeguy" <arcadeguy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
> I want to offer a reward for anyone who goes to Joe Bachmanns place
> and picks up all my Williams items.
> I sent him around 50 different main boards from Robotron, Sinistar,
> Joust, Defender and Stargate along with TWO [2] COMPLETE sets with
> Clays origanal MULTI Williams. This also included working rom boards
> from each said game. The Robotron set was sent in error and I have to
> give it back to a fellow rgvac'r who needs it for his game.
> Understandably I know this cant be done right away but I would like
> them before 2006.
>
> What am I offering?
> $100 ?
> or
> A complete Asteroids with a monitor issue. [if local] ?
> or
> A pile of Missile command boards ?
> or
> a box of marquees ?
> You tell me.
>
> I just want my stuff back and I am sick of them being held as
> prisoners.
>
> Don
> arcadeguy.com
> arcadeguy@hotmail.com / arcadeguy@arcadeguy.com

He owes me $1,000,000.00 and 21 Quantum boards. The Bastard.

jon

--
"LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am going to up the reward if you can get my stuff back as well and
> have it shipped to me:
>
> 3 x sets of WG6100 HV, Deflection and Neck pcbs
> 2 x sets of WG6100 frames, sets of two sides with the chassis
> transistors on them
> 1x Star Wars with ESB kit
> 1 x gravitar board
>
> Of course he has a bunch more stuff of mine he took in trade for the
> repair work on the above, 3 x Space Duel Boards, 4 x Star Wars boards 1
> with old multi esb kit, 1 Ast Deluxe Board (all in various states of
> repair, missing parts etc...) + $40 in return shipping. I don't care
> about those, I just need the first items back to get projects I've had
> for two years up and running.

Very well said Louis. I dont want his legs broke ect.... The reward was
simply that, a reward. I want my stuff and Im willing to pay someone to
get it. The whole problem is the fact Joe is embarrassed at this point
and wont come forward.
This whole deal was a 'gentlemans agreement' and
Did I mark all my PCBs ? No.
Do I have a reciept? No.
Do I have any proof to what I sent him? No.
But Joe knows what I sent him and Im sure he will give them to whoever
picks them up.

If all fails from this thread i will then take it to the next step.
Joe if your reading just do the right thing and send the stuff back.

Don

I was not implying to have any legs broke ect. I took that post as he
is non-responsive and basically blowing everybody off. If he does not
return emails, phone calls and the like, I do not suggest going over
there to tell him how it is. I would contact the WCPD and ask them to
escort you to Joe's. They will be more than happy to do that. This
will also protect the individuals going to Joe's. I would also like to
point out, just because the police are contacted to escort you to pick
up items does not mean that an arrest has to be made or it becomes a
federal case. It will just show Joe that you MEAN business and you
guys want your stuff back...no harm no foul...
Someone should explain to Joe in an email, phone call or even if he is
reading this post that you guys just want your stuff back and if he
cant do that then you are all prepared to take it to the next level.

-Troy

Go to your local "Hells Angels" chapter..tell him that this guy owes
you money, they will buy out the contract, give you your money back at
a discounted rate, then they will go collect the full sum from him.

Justice done..plain and simple...

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:56:47 -0500, Hans O <p1001@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>Alas, it's finally come to this. I'm local to Joe and have visited his
>ranch a few times. He's not a friend of mine but rather an arcade
>acquaintance. I've been privately asked by two collectors to "go get my
>stuff". So far, I've declined those requests. I did offer to go along
>should they go to Joe's house themselves. Neither took me up.
>
>The fundamental problem is how do I know Joe really has your stuff? It's
>your word against his. You need to go to his house yourself and
>straighten out your problem with Joe. Enlisting an unknown third party
>is just asking for trouble.
>
>Am I defending Joe? No, not at all. Does he owe you and others stuff?
>Yes, I'm sure he does (He even has a board of mine). Can you absolutely,
>100% prove it? Probably not. Even if you can, should a fellow collector
>be the judge, jury and executioner? If he took something of yours and
>did not give it back, that's stealing. When somebody steals, I call the
>police. Why doesn't everybody call the West Chicago, IL police? You know
>his name and address. A little visit from our friends in uniform should
>do the trick. As a policeman Troy, if anybody can shed some light on the
>legal way to collectively get everybody's stuff back, it's you. How
>about it? Have any contacts on the West Chicago or DuPage County force?
>
>Obviously you can put a bounty on Joe or do anything else you want. I
>just implore you to be careful. Unintended consequences could get real ugly.
>
>Hans O
>
>> Hi all.
>> I want to offer a reward for anyone who goes to Joe Bachmanns place
>> and picks up all my Williams items.
>> I sent him around 50 different main boards from Robotron, Sinistar,
>> Joust, Defender and Stargate along with TWO [2] COMPLETE sets with
>> Clays origanal MULTI Williams. This also included working rom boards
>> from each said game. The Robotron set was sent in error and I have to
>> give it back to a fellow rgvac'r who needs it for his game.
>> Understandably I know this cant be done right away but I would like
>> them before 2006.
>>
>> What am I offering?
>> $100 ?
>> or
>> A complete Asteroids with a monitor issue. [if local] ?
>> or
>> A pile of Missile command boards ?
>> or
>> a box of marquees ?
>> You tell me.
>>
>> I just want my stuff back and I am sick of them being held as
>> prisoners.
>>
>> Don
>> arcadeguy.com
>> arcadeguy@hotmail.com / arcadeguy@arcadeguy.com

mark

Hey EVIL EXIDY You should have swallowed and maybe he would have given you
the 1000,000.00 that you say he owed you.
"Jon eXidy" <evil.exidy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> He owes me $1,000,000.00 and 21 Quantum boards. The Bastard.
>
> jon
>
> --
> http://www.arcade-classics.com
> "LouiSurfer" <louisurfer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I am going to up the reward if you can get my stuff back as well and
>> have it shipped to me:
>>
>> 3 x sets of WG6100 HV, Deflection and Neck pcbs
>> 2 x sets of WG6100 frames, sets of two sides with the chassis
>> transistors on them
>> 1x Star Wars with ESB kit
>> 1 x gravitar board
>>
>> Of course he has a bunch more stuff of mine he took in trade for the
>> repair work on the above, 3 x Space Duel Boards, 4 x Star Wars boards 1
>> with old multi esb kit, 1 Ast Deluxe Board (all in various states of
>> repair, missing parts etc...) + $40 in return shipping. I don't care
>> about those, I just need the first items back to get projects I've had
>> for two years up and running.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Hi,
I had quit a few responces. My offer still stands and there are quit a
few other people who want thier stuff from Joe Also.
Someone can make some side money here collecting other peoples stuff
back.
If your interesyed, email us.

Don

TRENDING THREADS