2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6inch or higher
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1366x768 and up
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
replacement for a old hp laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
not too much of a concern will most likely be stationary
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
maybe light games nothing fancy, facebook games and sim games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
mainly for watching netflix, school work (office etc). if a blu ray player can be squeezed in thatd be great
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb and up
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I like new egg and tiger direct but im not specific on the sites.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years maybe more. The item is for my fiance, I always say "oh we won't need to buy anything else this is fast" and we know thats a lie lol.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
blu ray is nice but I dont need it
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
not brand specific
13. What country do you live in?
I was looking at these lapops below, I was fixed on getting a touch screen computer but is it really worth it? My first thoughts were to buy a surface tablet but w/ all the accessories it would cost the same as a laptop but without a fully functional OS. I would wait for surface pro but the price will be out of my range, probably 1000 or more. As per the answers above I'm looking laptop for media and school work.