NV 20's Quake3 Performance

G

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/tnaw_xtennis/NV20-1.htm" target="_new">http://www.geocities.com/tnaw_xtennis/NV20-1.htm</A>

Taking the advantages of (1) a new architecture of the chip with advanced rendering pipelines and memory-interface, and (2) Hidden Surface Remove (HSR) support, NV20 has great Quake3 performance boost over an overclocked GeForce2 Ultra running 250MHz DDR SDRAM.

G

Sounds interesting.. but then is the card affordable

?

hmm

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!

G

i think NV20 will become affordable when NV25 or NV30 launch...

so sad... :(

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>

Diemos

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This sux, I've been waiting for the NV20 for 6 months. Been livin with my Viper ultra. It runs alright but I can't go over 800x600 on Mechwarrior4, drek :( Now I find out I could build another system for the debut price of the NV20. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, this sux!!! I thought the Ultra was bad, now I have to wait another six months for the price to come down, Raaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!! What a world, what a world.

G

Hell no, hold on to your TnT2 ultra and save your money for the NV20. Nvidia doesn't overpromise anything that I can remember. I've owned the TnT1 TnT2 ultra, the GfroceMX and now the Gforce GTS everyone of their products have stood up to their promises, and T&L is comming along quite nice all the next gen games are supporting it.

If Nvidia says there's a 300% FSAA increase I would believe there's actully like 250% increase just like they say the NV20 will have 7 times more power than the Geforce GTS ultra 64. Imagine if you went out today and got a geforce gts how bummed you'd be when they released the NV20 a month or 2 later and thats all anyone talks about.

I know this is always the fact when buying PC hardware video cards expecially, but the Nv20 should be a significant leap in performance were not just talking twice as fast, from what Nvidia say I'd say atleast 3-5 as fast as current Geforce 2GTS's. IMO as always