Need Recommendation on 14" Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
One of my daughters has a Dell 14z laptop which she likes, and I'm thinking of getting another 14" laptop for another daughter. She doesn't want the standard full-size 15.6" laptop (too heavy), but doesn't necessarily want to go as small as my wife's 11.6" Acer, so I was thinking of either a 14" or 13" and am leaning to a 14", just because the screen will be easier to see. To my way of thinking, the screen is the most important part 'cause that's what you look at ALL the time.

She has no need for discrete graphics, and the price needs to be low, but I'm hoping to get at least Intel HD 3000 or 4000 level graphics. Of course lighter is better as long as the price doesn't get too high.

I've found a Dell 14z Ultrabook for $549 (includes a $50 coupon, $599 regular, $639 list). It has an Ivy Bridge i3-3217U processor (3M Cache, 1.8 GHz), 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 500GB 5400 RPM SATA HDD and 32GB mSATA SSD, 14" High Definition LED Display (1366 x 768) with Truelife.

Does anyone think I can get a similar machine for less than $549? It seems to be a good deal to me, but I've seen from other discussions that the collective knowledge here is way better than I can do on my own, so suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS