XP DESKTOP

Help Please
Windows XP Home; Works 6.0; Office XP Pro; !.0 Meg RAM;
I was trying to create something using MS Works. The create wizard seemed to
be very slow, so I re-clicked the 'next' a few times. None of the wizard
offerings looked good, so I decided to close Works and create what I needed
in Word. Having closed Works, a new instance of Works re-launched itself. I
closed it, only for it to re-launch. I used Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the
Task Manager and closed Works from here- but once again Works reloaded. This
was repeated a few times but Works kept reloading, so I swiched off mains
power and rebooted. From the log on screen, I clicked my name, After a delay
my desktop apeared - but just my wallpaper, no taskbar, no shortcuts,
nothing. I have tried System Restore - but this does not bring back my
desktop. The other users settings are unaffected. So Can anyone advise how I
can get my desktop back?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Graham.
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop

    Don Kendrick

    "graham999" wrote:

    > Help Please
    > Windows XP Home; Works 6.0; Office XP Pro; !.0 Meg RAM;
    > I was trying to create something using MS Works. The create wizard seemed to
    > be very slow, so I re-clicked the 'next' a few times. None of the wizard
    > offerings looked good, so I decided to close Works and create what I needed
    > in Word. Having closed Works, a new instance of Works re-launched itself. I
    > closed it, only for it to re-launch. I used Ctrl Alt Delete to bring up the
    > Task Manager and closed Works from here- but once again Works reloaded. This
    > was repeated a few times but Works kept reloading, so I swiched off mains
    > power and rebooted. From the log on screen, I clicked my name, After a delay
    > my desktop apeared - but just my wallpaper, no taskbar, no shortcuts,
    > nothing. I have tried System Restore - but this does not bring back my
    > desktop. The other users settings are unaffected. So Can anyone advise how I
    > can get my desktop back?
    > Your help will be much appreciated.
    > Graham.

    right click on your desktop select Arrange Icons the select show desktop
    icons if this doesn't help post back

Desktops Windows XP