cannot connect to internet

i cannot connect to my internet connection from one computer, yet another
computer in the network (both are connected to a switch and then to a modem
router) can. In cmd.exe in the run command, i can ping any web address with
successful results yet i cannot connect to the internet. In the network
connections box it shows no data travel between my computer and the server. i
have recently installed ed2k and warez but removed both to try to fix the
problem. i also tried turning the windows firewall off without effect. when
typing in the address of my modem in internet explorer i get no connection
either yet i can pping it from cmd.exe so i have no idea wats going on. if
anyon can help me plz do so, much appreciated.

chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

Hi Liam,
You don't say what browser you are using so I'll assume its IE. Check that
under Tools- Interner Options-Connections-Lan Settings that the option to
use a Proxy Server hasn't been switched on. If you have a different browser
check the same setting.

Chelsea

chelsea

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

"Chelsea" <gallium1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Liam,
> You don't say what browser you are using so I'll assume its IE.

oops yes you do!!

the proxy server isnt on