cannot connect to internet

July 4, 2005 12:17:11 PM

i cannot connect to my internet connection from one computer, yet another
computer in the network (both are connected to a switch and then to a modem
router) can. In cmd.exe in the run command, i can ping any web address with
successful results yet i cannot connect to the internet. In the network
connections box it shows no data travel between my computer and the server. i
have recently installed ed2k and warez but removed both to try to fix the
problem. i also tried turning the windows firewall off without effect. when
typing in the address of my modem in internet explorer i get no connection
either yet i can pping it from cmd.exe so i have no idea wats going on. if
anyon can help me plz do so, much appreciated.

More about : connect internet

July 4, 2005 9:26:57 PM

Hi Liam,
You don't say what browser you are using so I'll assume its IE. Check that
under Tools- Interner Options-Connections-Lan Settings that the option to
use a Proxy Server hasn't been switched on. If you have a different browser
check the same setting.

Chelsea
July 4, 2005 9:34:01 PM

"Chelsea" <gallium1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Liam,
> You don't say what browser you are using so I'll assume its IE.

oops yes you do!!
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 1:07:04 AM

the proxy server isnt on