Varied Errors When Attempting Remote Assisntace

Hello,

we have activated Remote Assisntance in a mixed W2003/W2k domain.

"Offer Remote Assisntance" seems to be working between some PCs, but not
working between others (I have not been able to find a pattern).

The errors are varied (I have included the relevant entry from event viewer):

1) "A program could not start"

2) "The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable"

Event ID: 10009
DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer pcjanton using any of the
configured protocols.

3) "There is a problem with the invitation and it cannot be opened. To use
Remote Assitance, the sender of this invitation will have to send you a new
invitation"

Event ID 5102
RA: A XML parsing error for (local user) <username> occurred when
attempting to process a remote assistance ticket.

4) "access to the requested resource has been disabled by your administrator"
--no entry in event manager

5) "you do not have access to logon to this session"

In the case of errors 4) and 5), the HelpAssistance user was disabled.
However, I receive the same errors after enabling it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in Advance
3 answers Last reply
More about varied errors attempting remote assisntace

    Hi

    I got these:

    "There is a problem with the invitation and it cannot be opened. To use
    Remote Assitance, the sender of this invitation will have to send you a
    new
    invitation"

    and

    Event ID 5102
    RA: A XML parsing error for (local user) <username> occurred when
    attempting to process a remote assistance ticket.

    i find a notebook on which i didn't install the last 2 months patch and
    with this computers remote assistance is working, so i think its'
    depends on one of the last security patch

    i am investigate, installing one patch after one .. to get the one that
    make stop "remote assistance"

    If its a security patch causing the problem and you find it could you post it
    so MS could take a look at this. I haven't been able to get Remote
    Assistance working for a year. Thanks.

    gilm0079

    "Teodorico" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I got these:
    >
    > "There is a problem with the invitation and it cannot be opened. To use
    > Remote Assitance, the sender of this invitation will have to send you a
    > new
    > invitation"
    >
    > and
    >
    > Event ID 5102
    > RA: A XML parsing error for (local user) <username> occurred when
    > attempting to process a remote assistance ticket.
    >
    > i find a notebook on which i didn't install the last 2 months patch and
    > with this computers remote assistance is working, so i think its'
    > depends on one of the last security patch
    >
    > i am investigate, installing one patch after one .. to get the one that
    > make stop "remote assistance"

    All:

    With respect to this error: There is a problem with the invitation and
    it cannot be opened. To use Remote Assistance, the sender of this
    invitation will have to send you a new invitation.

    In short the fix below applies to computers who have had thier SID
    changed with Ghostwalker. Following the steps fixed the issue in brief
    tests and I hope it will work for all my ghosted computers.

    http://tinyurl.com/btk24

    Good luck.

    --AJ

    --