How To Remove Options Before Boot Screen In Home Edition?

I am using a new Windows XP home edition. i wanted to know how do i remove
the two options i get before booting my system 1. Start Windows With
Bootscreen And 2. Start Windows Normally (Although Both Boot up similarly)

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about remove options boot screen home edition

    The options are in the boot.ini file in which you can edit.

    "Bharat Choragudi" <Bharat Choragudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:D5887A9F-6080-40D7-B58C-0F9B30A7F455@microsoft.com...
    >I am using a new Windows XP home edition. i wanted to know how do i remove
    > the two options i get before booting my system 1. Start Windows With
    > Bootscreen And 2. Start Windows Normally (Although Both Boot up similarly)
    >
    > Thanks

    "Bharat Choragudi" <Bharat Choragudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:D5887A9F-6080-40D7-B58C-0F9B30A7F455@microsoft.com...
    >I am using a new Windows XP home edition. i wanted to know how do i remove
    > the two options i get before booting my system 1. Start Windows With
    > Bootscreen And 2. Start Windows Normally (Although Both Boot up similarly)
    >
    > Thanks

    The worst bit on the machine I looked at yesterday was a 30 second delay
    until XP automatically started- editing the boot.ini can reduce the delay or
    remove the option if you want.

    After doing a search on my hard drive i found only boot.ini.backup is this
    the right file and if not help find the real one. Thanks
    --

    "Alan Smith" wrote:

    > "Bharat Choragudi" <Bharat Choragudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:D5887A9F-6080-40D7-B58C-0F9B30A7F455@microsoft.com...
    > >I am using a new Windows XP home edition. i wanted to know how do i remove
    > > the two options i get before booting my system 1. Start Windows With
    > > Bootscreen And 2. Start Windows Normally (Although Both Boot up similarly)
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >
    > The worst bit on the machine I looked at yesterday was a 30 second delay
    > until XP automatically started- editing the boot.ini can reduce the delay or
    > remove the option if you want.

    there is an excellent article on ExtremeTech website. You can google this.
    The article is in the current "issue" out today. It's free and give you a
    lot of information on windows boot up.

    It will show you how to speed up your boot.

    Regards,

    "Braedon de Grasse" <BraedondeGrasse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:CAA46B0E-EE1B-4A48-820C-83CF9F5F0BCA@microsoft.com...
    > After doing a search on my hard drive i found only boot.ini.backup is this
    > the right file and if not help find the real one. Thanks
    > --
    >

    > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    >

    >> "Bharat Choragudi" <Bharat Choragudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:D5887A9F-6080-40D7-B58C-0F9B30A7F455@microsoft.com...
    >> >I am using a new Windows XP home edition. i wanted to know how do i
    >> >remove
    >> > the two options i get before booting my system 1. Start Windows With
    >> > Bootscreen And 2. Start Windows Normally (Although Both Boot up
    >> > similarly)
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >>
    >> The worst bit on the machine I looked at yesterday was a 30 second delay
    >> until XP automatically started- editing the boot.ini can reduce the delay
    >> or
    >> remove the option if you want.

    Please follow the text flow when posting, not jump from bottom to top
    posting so the thread can be followed.

    > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    >

    >> "Bharat Choragudi" <Bharat Choragudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    >> message news:D5887A9F-6080-40D7-B58C-0F9B30A7F455@microsoft.com...
    >> >I am using a new Windows XP home edition. i wanted to know how do i
    >> >remove
    >> > the two options i get before booting my system 1. Start Windows With
    >> > Bootscreen And 2. Start Windows Normally (Although Both Boot up
    >> > similarly)
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >>
    >> The worst bit on the machine I looked at yesterday was a 30 second delay
    >> until XP automatically started- editing the boot.ini can reduce the delay
    >> or
    >> remove the option if you want.

    "Braedon de Grasse" <BraedondeGrasse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:CAA46B0E-EE1B-4A48-820C-83CF9F5F0BCA@microsoft.com...
    > After doing a search on my hard drive i found only boot.ini.backup is this
    > the right file and if not help find the real one. Thanks
    > --

    You haven't looked properly. Check what you are looking at.

    Well i found the easy way to fix it. I used to use Style XP and that was what
    caused it to have both a bootscreen option and regular option so i just told
    style xp to repair the boot.ini and it worked!
    --

    "Bullwinkle. J. Moose" wrote:

    > there is an excellent article on ExtremeTech website. You can google this.
    > The article is in the current "issue" out today. It's free and give you a
    > lot of information on windows boot up.
    >
    > It will show you how to speed up your boot.
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > "Braedon de Grasse" <BraedondeGrasse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:CAA46B0E-EE1B-4A48-820C-83CF9F5F0BCA@microsoft.com...
    > > After doing a search on my hard drive i found only boot.ini.backup is this
    > > the right file and if not help find the real one. Thanks
    > > --
    > >

    > > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    > >

    > >> "Bharat Choragudi" <Bharat Choragudi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > >> message news:D5887A9F-6080-40D7-B58C-0F9B30A7F455@microsoft.com...

    > >> The worst bit on the machine I looked at yesterday was a 30 second delay
    > >> until XP automatically started- editing the boot.ini can reduce the delay
    > >> or
    > >> remove the option if you want.

Support Boot Microsoft Windows XP