Wordpad XP problem with doc files that worked ok using Win98

July 4, 2005 1:50:02 PM

Wordpad XP won't load doc files that I saved and read ok when I had
windows 98. Says it "can't open Word 6.0." It opens rtf files fine.
Also, got the error message "unable to load graphics conversion
filter" when trying to open a doc file I received.
I do not have microsoft Word program.

--
mike
Anonymous

Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"mjboross" <11southernvista@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Wordpad XP won't load doc files that I saved and read ok when I had
> windows 98. Says it "can't open Word 6.0." It opens rtf files fine.
> Also, got the error message "unable to load graphics conversion
> filter" when trying to open a doc file I received.
> I do not have microsoft Word program.
>

> --
> mike
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:48:50 AM

That worked, thanks.
--
mike

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090
>

> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>

> "mjboross" <11southernvista@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Wordpad XP won't load doc files that I saved and read ok when I had
> > windows 98. Says it "can't open Word 6.0." It opens rtf files fine.
> > Also, got the error message "unable to load graphics conversion
> > filter" when trying to open a doc file I received.
> > I do not have microsoft Word program.
> >

> > --
> > mike

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:54:03 PM

You're welcome.

--

> That worked, thanks.
> --
> mike
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090
>>

>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...
>>

>> "mjboross" <11southernvista@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Wordpad XP won't load doc files that I saved and read ok when I had
>> > windows 98. Says it "can't open Word 6.0." It opens rtf files fine.
>> > Also, got the error message "unable to load graphics conversion
>> > filter" when trying to open a doc file I received.
>> > I do not have microsoft Word program.
>> >

>> > --
>> > mike

June 18, 2009 2:08:49 AM

TRIED OPENING WORDPAD FILES FROM WIN98 IN WIN XP SP3.
COULD NOT OPEN. COPIED WORDPAD.EXE FROM WIN 98 TO A FOLDER ON XP.
NOW THE OLD WORDPAD FILES WILL OPEN USING THE WIN 98 WORDPAD.
WORKED FOR ME. HOPES THIS HELPS SOMEONE.
!