Problems with ATI Radeon 32 MB

G

About a few months ago, i put together a computer from various OEM components. AMD T-Bird 800, Abit Kt7 Raid, 30.7 gig IBM Deskstar, 256 Meg of Ram, ATI Radeon 32 Meg DDR, 16X DVD, 12/10/32 PlexWriter, SB Live! PLatinum, Iomega 250 Zip internal and some other small things like modem, lan card, etc. Throughout the machine's existence, there has been a constant problem with the monitor going into sleep mode for seemingly no reason. When it does this, there is no way to get it to come back from the blank screen. Does anyone know what causes this and/or any way to cure the problem?

Hey i have a solution for you! i had the same exact problem. I have the ATI AIW Radeon. great card BTW! download the special purpose drivers!

Display Driver Version 4.12.3063 (D714-0831a-62B-SPD)

There are some bugs in that version to, for example diablo 2 doesn't appear right in 3d, works fine in 2d though. But that problem that you mentioned goes away! so try them out!!!

Later,
-xxsk8er101xx

G

Umm, the ATI site has those as being windows 2000 drivers, however, i am running only windows 98 SE. Is it safe to install those drivers or will that cause major problems?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I've had the same problem with my old ATI All-in-Wonder and a Geforce256 card, my current card. It is the Energy Savings feature which never seems to work. Just disable it. In Windows 9x, go into the control panel and double-click on Power Management. Make sure -Turn off Monitor- is set to "Never". I personally, would do the same for all the energy savings features.

I would also turn off power management in the BIOS.

Doing these two thing should solve your problem.