email through FIDO?HOW?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi,
I've moved from Europe to Montreal a month ago. When I was there, I was able
to connect to my email server through my Sony-Ericsson 700i with out a
problem. In fact, the phone gets auto configure right from the Sony-E
website.
For the Canadian area, the auto configurator is missing the EMAIL portion.
I've tried and tried, but no luck. I just can't connect to my email server.
After spending 30 minutes with the phone the FIDO store downtown gave up and
said it wasn't supported.
Seems to me like they are purposely blocking such a feature. Any info on
this, or is it that the config is just plain wrong?

Thanks

90 wrote:
> problem. In fact, the phone gets auto configure right from the Sony-E
> website.
> For the Canadian area, the auto configurator is missing the EMAIL portion.

NOt sure about "autoconfigure".

But you should be able to go through your phone's menus and set:

outgoing SMTP server: gprs.fido.ca port 25 , authentication not necessary.

inbound POP server to whatever you use to receive emails. (fido doesn't
give you a pop mailbox).