SP2

After SP2 my printer will not work. It is turned on and shows ready on the
control panel. but when I click print nothing happens. I also noticed it is
no longer listed on my programs. Do I need to reinstall it?
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Try removing it, then goto your manufacturer's website and download the
    latest version of the printer drivers.

    Then install the latest version.

    That should fix (and hopefully) improve your printing performance.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After SP2 my printer will not work. It is turned on and shows ready on the
    > control panel. but when I click print nothing happens. I also noticed it
    > is
    > no longer listed on my programs. Do I need to reinstall it?

    I did what you said, but the download doesn't show up. There is nothing on my
    programs. The printer does show up on the control panel but my printer still
    does not work. I feel like I've been around and back today trying to fix
    this. I'm very new at this and it's very confusing.

    Thanks,
    Jerry

    "Gary Tsang" wrote:

    > Try removing it, then goto your manufacturer's website and download the
    > latest version of the printer drivers.
    >
    > Then install the latest version.
    >
    > That should fix (and hopefully) improve your printing performance.
    >
    > --
    > Gary Tsang
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
    >

    > "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After SP2 my printer will not work. It is turned on and shows ready on the
    > > control panel. but when I click print nothing happens. I also noticed it
    > > is
    > > no longer listed on my programs. Do I need to reinstall it?

Microsoft Windows XP