Tech Question: burnt connector to pcb in Tapper CT

I have a tapper CT that has a burnt and cracked connector. Wondering if
this is just a faulty connector or is this a symptom of something more
serious?

I've searched Google and can find plenty on burnt edge connectors...but not
much else.

Pics here:

http://home.comcast.net/~cnlmoore/Arcade/IDme_1.htm

Thanks,

Chris M

This is a result of several things....dirty header pins, weak connector pins
inside the plastic housing, cold/cracked solder joints on the back of the
header pins. Probably a combination of all the above. I've seen this quite a
bit on MCR games, though not as bad as yours. You need to put a new
connector on there....and I would use trifucon pins (they bite the header a
lot better). Judging by how burnt that connector is...you probably should,
also, replace the header pins.

Good luck,
Edward