copy files from hard disk to dvd disc

July 4, 2005 3:49:20 PM

I want to copy files from my hard drive to my dvd writer.

InCD screws this up.

I want to be able to open windows explorer and move/copy]
selected files to a dvd. I then want to be able to read
the files direct from the dvd using windows explorer.

Any help?

Roger
July 4, 2005 4:03:26 PM

Windows does not come with DVD burning software, so; if you have a DVD
burner you should have received burning software with it. Install it and
read what it says about how to use it.

"Roger Wilkerson" <roger.wilkerson@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o vdIdkMgFHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I want to copy files from my hard drive to my dvd writer.
>
> InCD screws this up.
>
> I want to be able to open windows explorer and move/copy]
> selected files to a dvd. I then want to be able to read
> the files direct from the dvd using windows explorer.
>
> Any help?
>
> Roger
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 4:15:12 PM

I have nero 6 suite. InCD gets in the way.
I'm attempting to use Karen's Replicator to copy data
files to the dvd.

Roger

Jerry wrote:
> Windows does not come with DVD burning software, so; if you have a DVD
> burner you should have received burning software with it. Install it and
> read what it says about how to use it.
>
> "Roger Wilkerson" <roger.wilkerson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o vdIdkMgFHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
>>I want to copy files from my hard drive to my dvd writer.
>>
>>InCD screws this up.
>>
>>I want to be able to open windows explorer and move/copy]
>>selected files to a dvd. I then want to be able to read
>>the files direct from the dvd using windows explorer.
>>
>>Any help?
>>
>>Roger

July 4, 2005 6:29:26 PM

Roger Wilkerson wrote:
> I have nero 6 suite. InCD gets in the way.
> I'm attempting to use Karen's Replicator to copy data
> files to the dvd.

Packet writing software - in general - is unreliable. Burn the files you
want to burn manually to DVD using the full Nero package.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

I have to take a small exception here Stanly.

I have been using the various forms of packet writing that comes with
Roxio's CD Writing programs for the past 6 years. I have never had any
problems with it not doing what it was supposed to do - when it was supposed
to do it.

I contend that it has an awful lot to do with how a person monkeys with
their computer and whether, or not, they have a supported CD writer!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

> Roger Wilkerson wrote:
>> I have nero 6 suite. InCD gets in the way.
>> I'm attempting to use Karen's Replicator to copy data
>> files to the dvd.
>
> Packet writing software - in general - is unreliable. Burn the files you
> want to burn manually to DVD using the full Nero package.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

July 4, 2005 8:02:41 PM

Richard Urban wrote:
> I have to take a small exception here Stanly.
>
> I have been using the various forms of packet writing that comes with
> Roxio's CD Writing programs for the past 6 years. I have never had any
> problems with it not doing what it was supposed to do - when it was
> supposed to do it.
>
> I contend that it has an awful lot to do with how a person monkeys
> with their computer and whether, or not, they have a supported CD
> writer!

You are allowed that, Urbn. (*grin*)

While you are correct that most of the time it has to do with one "monkeying
with their system" (intentionally or otherwise), the fact is most people do
just that (by improper maintenance or otherwise.) I have had little need
for Packet Writing software - as I rarely reuse a CD except for testing
Purposes (such as my many boot and utility CDs and their various
renditions.) When I have used it or assisted those attempting to use it -
something with their system(the software, packet writing drivers, etc), what
they were trying to write, the condition of the RW CD, etc has been awry and
things just worked better when they wrote/quick format/wrote again. Using
CD-RWs for editing Word documents... BAD. Anyway *twitch*, I just cannot
recommend it in my experience. Yours is different, obviously - and that is
great for one such as yourself who takes care of their own system well.

And using Karen's Replicator to write CDs...........

As for the Nero vs. Roxio battle.. Not going to get in it beyond the fact
that they both have become overly "bubbly". heheh

BTW - congrats, Richard Urban. It's well deserved.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thank You Mr. Shenan StanlEy.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

> Roger Wilkerson wrote:
>> I have nero 6 suite. InCD gets in the way.
>> I'm attempting to use Karen's Replicator to copy data
>> files to the dvd.
>
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
>> Packet writing software - in general - is unreliable. Burn the
>> files you want to burn manually to DVD using the full Nero package.
>
> Richard Urban wrote:
>> I have to take a small exception here Stanly.
>>
>> I have been using the various forms of packet writing that comes with
>> Roxio's CD Writing programs for the past 6 years. I have never had any
>> problems with it not doing what it was supposed to do - when it was
>> supposed to do it.
>>
>> I contend that it has an awful lot to do with how a person monkeys
>> with their computer and whether, or not, they have a supported CD
>> writer!
>
> You are allowed that, Urbn. (*grin*)
>
> While you are correct that most of the time it has to do with one
> "monkeying with their system" (intentionally or otherwise), the fact is
> most people do just that (by improper maintenance or otherwise.) I have
> had little need for Packet Writing software - as I rarely reuse a CD
> except for testing Purposes (such as my many boot and utility CDs and
> their various renditions.) When I have used it or assisted those
> attempting to use it - something with their system(the software, packet
> writing drivers, etc), what they were trying to write, the condition of
> the RW CD, etc has been awry and things just worked better when they
> wrote/quick format/wrote again. Using CD-RWs for editing Word
> documents... BAD. Anyway *twitch*, I just cannot recommend it in my
> experience. Yours is different, obviously - and that is great for one
> such as yourself who takes care of their own system well.
>
> And using Karen's Replicator to write CDs...........
>
> As for the Nero vs. Roxio battle.. Not going to get in it beyond the fact
> that they both have become overly "bubbly". heheh
>

> BTW - congrats, Richard Urban. It's well deserved.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

July 4, 2005 9:23:40 PM

Shenan,
I tend to agree with Richard, although the past few years I've not used
it as much as I did with Original XP installations - that is with the advent
of Ghost/Disk Imaging software and external drives of 250/300GB.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

> Roger Wilkerson wrote:
>> I have nero 6 suite. InCD gets in the way.
>> I'm attempting to use Karen's Replicator to copy data
>> files to the dvd.
>
> Packet writing software - in general - is unreliable. Burn the files you
> want to burn manually to DVD using the full Nero package.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

July 5, 2005 4:37:40 AM

news:o MV9pNNgFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have to take a small exception here Stanly.
>
> I have been using the various forms of packet writing that comes with
> Roxio's CD Writing programs for the past 6 years. I have never had any
> problems with it not doing what it was supposed to do - when it was
> supposed to do it.
>
> I contend that it has an awful lot to do with how a person monkeys with
> their computer and whether, or not, they have a supported CD writer!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Roger Wilkerson wrote:
>>> I have nero 6 suite. InCD gets in the way.
>>> I'm attempting to use Karen's Replicator to copy data
>>> files to the dvd.
>>
>> Packet writing software - in general - is unreliable. Burn the files you
>> want to burn manually to DVD using the full Nero package.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

July 5, 2005 6:52:02 PM

I am having a very similar prob....But I can't seem to get The New Post
window here to open so I can ask the Question, it will only allow me to
Reply..Is there something I missed about posting a question to this
group?...I apologize for the interuption.
Jay

"Roger Wilkerson" wrote:

> I want to copy files from my hard drive to my dvd writer.
>
> InCD screws this up.
>
> I want to be able to open windows explorer and move/copy]
> selected files to a dvd. I then want to be able to read
> the files direct from the dvd using windows explorer.
>
> Any help?
>
> Roger

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:23:15 PM

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:52:02 -0700, JPzBeenjamin wrote:

> I am having a very similar prob....But I can't seem to get The New Post
> window here to open so I can ask the Question, it will only allow me to
> Reply..Is there something I missed about posting a question to this
> group?...I apologize for the interuption.

Running a pop up blocker? Some of those block the new question window.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"Roger Wilkerson" <roger.wilkerson@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o vdIdkMgFHA.1284@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I want to copy files from my hard drive to my dvd writer.
>
> InCD screws this up.
>
> I want to be able to open windows explorer and move/copy]
> selected files to a dvd. I then want to be able to read
> the files direct from the dvd using windows explorer.
>
> Any help?
>
> Roger

Get a DVD-RAM drive (such as an LG multi-format writer, or the new Pioneer
110), this can be used like a 4GB floppy drive (uses FAT32 file system but a
UDF driver can be downloaded for free).
!