Need Advice on Dell Inspiron 14R Turbo and Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuri2012

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
I am looking for a Dell Laptop ideally for once in a while Gaming and Everyday Use....
I have Shortlisted the following two....

1. Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo with 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz) and AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC (Graphic Card)

&

2. Dell Inspiron 14R Turbo with 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz) and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M DDR3 2GB

Please advice what does ICC mean in AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICC (see No. 1 above)?

Are both the model equally good?
Which one is better- NVIDIA or AMD Radeon?

Need to buy today...!!

Yuri from India

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hey... So the main difference between the two is the screen size and the graphics card. I'm not sure what the RAM is like, but both should have at least 6GB RAM or more. Also, check and see if the RAM is upgradable. So the 15R is a 15.6 inch screen, and 14R is a 14 inch screen. This will affect the weight and mobility of the laptop, although not by much. Then with regard to the resolution, they should be able to support most of the same resolutions, although it is quite possible that the 15R could support a few more resolutions than the 14R. The difference between the graphics card is really small. Both have 2GB of VRAM and both are high level class 2 graphics cards, which mean that they will support most games in medium settings without a problem. If you're looking for a definitive response, the 640M IS ranked ONE rank higher than the 7770M, but as I said, it's a very small difference.
Both processors are good 3rd gen core i7 processors which will handle your gaming and other functions well.
ICC just refers to the profiles running in your OS (I think... I'm pretty sure it's NOT in the graphics card, but I could be wrong). They have to do with display and color management, and it's not really a problem. Don't let the fact that it says "ICC" bother you. Anyway, the summary is, they're both extremely similar laptops, and there is very little pertinent difference between them, in which case I think it comes down to matter of cost. Buy whichever one's less expensive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.