tom, why no voodoo?

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
He and 3Dfx had a little "conflict" earlier this year. They now refuse to send him free boards to test, and told him to go buy them like everyone else does. So, no reviews for them!

mpjesse

Splendid
I personally think the Voodoo 5's stink and are overpriced- that's just me though. The Voodoo 5 is nothing new from the Voodoo 3, just two VSA100 chips in SLI and FSAA... 3Dfx did right when they went back to making chips instead of boards. Since the release of the Voodoo 5 3dfx hasn't done crap in producing a faster board. For months all i've seen is the Voodoo 5/5500. Oh wait, the Voodoo 4 finally came out- but it's a piece of junk.

-MP Jesse

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The Voodoo5/6000 was about to come out (the thing is like more than a foot long though), but they canceled it and sold it to some flight simulation training place or something.

The 6000 was a bit better than the GF2 Ultra (like 2 fps or something)

G

Even if you hate 3dfx, less competition in the graphics market is not a good thing. If Nvidia and ATI are all that are left standing, prices aren't going to be nearly as competitive.

G

voodoo 5 gets it's power directly from the power supply and not the agp slot.I have a v5 and a geforce 2.The v5 is a very good card.

G

"Thats why I think NVidia will be asking ALOT for the NV20."

$800, i hear! at least itll match in speed for price :)

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
wusy, it sounds like youre talking about nvidia chips because i have never heard of a power issue with 3Dfx cards, i overclock them all the time wihout burning the hell our of it, and they really arent THAT expensive: bottom line do more research before sounding like an idiot

TBird 800 - Asus A7V 1005a
256 PC133 - Maxtor 45GB ATA100
Radeon 32DDR - SB Live MP3+

G

I like Nvidia alot, but I can tell you this, video cards are going to go up in price now that competition is being eliminated. Without 3dfx, Nvidia only has ATI to worry about, unless a new company comes in with something better.

G

Also, remember how expensive the Voodoo and Voodoo II cards were when they first came out? They were $200+ dollars when they were first released and all you gloating about GeForce2 Ultra were gloating how you had SLI with Voodoo IIs..