ipl.dll not found

To whom it concerns,Within the past few days a problem has begun with
seemingly no cause
I have been usin Adobe premiere for a few years.No problems at all.Now when
I click to open the program the following words appear:
"Font Capture :priemiere .exe - Unable to locate componet - The application
has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found."eventually the program
seems to open but then white spaces appear all over and all is frozen.Please
help with any ideas how to solve this.I have windows xp home edition with sp
2 .Can i extract that one dll file from my cd and if so which cd ?Thanks in
advance.Ray Perry
--
Raymond Perry
7 answers Last reply

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:12:01 -0700, Ray Perry wrote:

    > To whom it concerns,Within the past few days a problem has begun with
    > seemingly no cause
    > I have been usin Adobe premiere for a few years.No problems at all.Now when
    > I click to open the program the following words appear:
    > "Font Capture :priemiere .exe - Unable to locate componet - The application
    > has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found."eventually the program
    > seems to open but then white spaces appear all over and all is frozen.Please
    > help with any ideas how to solve this.I have windows xp home edition with sp
    > 2 .Can i extract that one dll file from my cd and if so which cd ?Thanks in
    > advance.Ray Perry

    As far as I can see (searching my XP installation), this is not an XP dll
    file. I do see a reference to it in an archive of my old Roxio
    installation. This means that it most probably was added to your system by
    Adobe Premiere. Either the file is damaged, possibly overwritten by another
    program with a version that Adobe Premiere can't use or it was accidentally
    deleted.

    To get it back: You could try reinstalling Adobe Premiere. Before doing
    that, you might check with Adobe's tech support or look in their online
    knowledge base. Sometimes an error message about one file is a hint of a
    different problem that will also need to be addressed before all is right
    again.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thanks Sharon ,Thanks for the info..I will check with Adobe..I did though
    already reinstall
    the prog after i uninstalled it
    One fact I need to make a few weeks ago I purchased Ads pyro converter box
    and Adobe Premiere Elements came with it so I installed that program.Do you
    think that program may have overwritten that file or damaged it??Though all
    was working fine on both for weeks.Oh also I downloaded Avid express Free
    editing software just to see what it was like I tried it .did not understand
    it too well..so I uninstalled that program ..oh well thanks for your help..Ray

    --
    Raymond Perry

    On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:22:07 -0700, Ray Perry wrote:

    > Thanks Sharon ,Thanks for the info..I will check with Adobe..I did though
    > already reinstall
    > the prog after i uninstalled it
    > One fact I need to make a few weeks ago I purchased Ads pyro converter box
    > and Adobe Premiere Elements came with it so I installed that program.Do you
    > think that program may have overwritten that file or damaged it??Though all
    > was working fine on both for weeks.Oh also I downloaded Avid express Free
    > editing software just to see what it was like I tried it .did not understand
    > it too well..so I uninstalled that program ..oh well thanks for your help..Ray

    You're welcome Ray and good luck with this. If you can find the file on
    your hard drive, rename it and then try reinstalling Adobe Premiere.
    Sometimes an install program will not refresh a file if it's present.
    Renaming it forces a new copy to be made.

    Another approach: If you can find the dll file on the Adobe Premiere CD
    (sometimes files will be available in the folders on the CD), copy a file
    to the program's own folder. It will use that one before using whatever
    version is being shared in one of the system folders or the
    \CommonFiles\Adobe folder.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Sharon i tried all you suggested but to no avail..it wasn't on cd .But.On
    searching the internet I think i discovered that the ipl.dll is part of Intel
    run time library..and..I'm lost now ..I haven't the foggiest idea of any of
    that stuff..I did however find something that maybe you can supply help to me
    with ..the following is what I copied from a site :

    Intel Image processing libraries - IPL.dll, IPLxx.dll
    Download the runtime Library Bundle
    Extract and run the included .exe file

    THE LINK TO SITE IS BELOW..IT IS AROUND 1/2 WAY DOWN THE PAGE WHERE LOTS OF
    STUFF THAT I PASTED ABOVE IS WRITTEN WITH LINKS ALSO
    please help if you can ..I really need to get Priemeiere working again as
    I'm in middle of a lil video about our pet dog who recently died
    OK SO HERE IS THE LINK TO THIS PAGE THAT HAS ALL KINDS OF REFERENCE TO
    IPL.DLL AND STUFF..THANKS AGAIN
    http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/library.htm

    --
    Raymond Perry

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:54:01 -0700, Ray Perry wrote:

    > Sharon i tried all you suggested but to no avail..it wasn't on cd .But.On
    > searching the internet I think i discovered that the ipl.dll is part of Intel
    > run time library..and..I'm lost now ..I haven't the foggiest idea of any of
    > that stuff..I did however find something that maybe you can supply help to me
    > with ..the following is what I copied from a site :
    >
    > Intel Image processing libraries - IPL.dll, IPLxx.dll
    > Download the runtime Library Bundle
    > Extract and run the included .exe file
    >
    > THE LINK TO SITE IS BELOW..IT IS AROUND 1/2 WAY DOWN THE PAGE WHERE LOTS OF
    > STUFF THAT I PASTED ABOVE IS WRITTEN WITH LINKS ALSO
    > please help if you can ..I really need to get Priemeiere working again as
    > I'm in middle of a lil video about our pet dog who recently died
    > OK SO HERE IS THE LINK TO THIS PAGE THAT HAS ALL KINDS OF REFERENCE TO
    > IPL.DLL AND STUFF..THANKS AGAIN
    > http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/library.htm

    Did you try the file?

    Dll files are odd beasts. They contain sets of instructions. In theory, if
    you have 10 programs installed that make use of those instructions, they
    can share the one file. On the surface, it sounds good but look a little
    deeper and it can get messy.

    As with all technology, updates happen. Each newer version of a dll file is
    supposedly backwards compatible. However, it's not unheard of for a
    function provided by an older version to be dropped. That could be a
    problem for a program that depends on that function. Since without any
    extra instruction, a program will look for a needed file in their own
    folder first, placing the needed version here usually works well.

    Customized dll files are slightly altered to accommodate a program. They
    usually have the same name and are provided along with the application for
    its use. (This is one place where "duplicate file finders can get you into
    trouble.) These customized files are usually put into the program's own
    folder but sometimes end up in one of the shared folders. If in a shared
    folder, it is in danger if another program is installed and it overwrites
    the dll with a newer version. Most likely it will be the "generic" form of
    the dll and not one that contains the customization.

    If a program relies on a function provided by an older dll file, it usually
    includes that file with its installation. Programs look in their folder
    first for a call to a file. Then in Windows, then in Windows\System\ or
    Windows\System32\.

    With multiple versions, it's possible there will be requests to use two
    different versions of a dll file. Windows XP has something called
    side-by-side technology to accommodate these situations (and to avoid "dll
    hell) but it can't do anything beneficial if the various versions of dll
    are not available for one reason or another.

    Sorry for the lengthy explanation. Not exactly correct on a technical level
    but it gives the gist of what kind of dll dilemmas one might encounter.

    Bottom line: I can't answer your question about whether that file you found
    is the right one or not. Or if it will do anything good to try it. It can't
    hurt, you already have a non-working app. ;^)

    Suggestions:

    Be sure to scan the downloaded dll file before using it with an antivirus
    program that has been updated with current virus definitions.

    Follow the directions at the site for unzipping and placing the file. If no
    advice given on placement: copy to the program's main folder, to the
    Windows folder, to Windows\system\ and Windows\system32\.

    If you have any files on the system with that name, temporarily rename
    them. You can always name them back if your experiment fails. Also if it
    fails, delete the downloaded file from the various locations it was placed.

    If still no luck with this, you'll need to contact Adobe tech support (or
    you may want to skip the experiments and do this first).

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi..no I did not try the file..Thanks so very much for your time and
    efforts...Thanks for your explanation of dll files..I will try and contact
    Adobe support ..once again thank you Sharon..sincerely Ray
    --
    Raymond Perry

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 03:31:05 -0700, Ray Perry wrote:

    > Hi..no I did not try the file..Thanks so very much for your time and
    > efforts...Thanks for your explanation of dll files..I will try and contact
    > Adobe support ..once again thank you Sharon..sincerely Ray

    You're welcome, Ray and good luck
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User