ipl.dll not found

To whom it concerns,Within the past few days a problem has begun with
seemingly no cause
I have been usin Adobe premiere for a few years.No problems at all.Now when
I click to open the program the following words appear:
"Font Capture :priemiere .exe - Unable to locate componet - The application
has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found."eventually the program
seems to open but then white spaces appear all over and all is frozen.Please
help with any ideas how to solve this.I have windows xp home edition with sp
2 .Can i extract that one dll file from my cd and if so which cd ?Thanks in
advance.Ray Perry
--
Raymond Perry

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:12:01 -0700, Ray Perry wrote:

> To whom it concerns,Within the past few days a problem has begun with
> seemingly no cause
> I have been usin Adobe premiere for a few years.No problems at all.Now when
> I click to open the program the following words appear:
> "Font Capture :priemiere .exe - Unable to locate componet - The application
> has failed to start because ipl.dll was not found."eventually the program
> seems to open but then white spaces appear all over and all is frozen.Please
> help with any ideas how to solve this.I have windows xp home edition with sp
> 2 .Can i extract that one dll file from my cd and if so which cd ?Thanks in
> advance.Ray Perry

As far as I can see (searching my XP installation), this is not an XP dll
file. I do see a reference to it in an archive of my old Roxio
installation. This means that it most probably was added to your system by
Adobe Premiere. Either the file is damaged, possibly overwritten by another
program with a version that Adobe Premiere can't use or it was accidentally
deleted.

To get it back: You could try reinstalling Adobe Premiere. Before doing
that, you might check with Adobe's tech support or look in their online
knowledge base. Sometimes an error message about one file is a hint of a
different problem that will also need to be addressed before all is right
again.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Thanks Sharon ,Thanks for the info..I will check with Adobe..I did though
already reinstall
the prog after i uninstalled it
One fact I need to make a few weeks ago I purchased Ads pyro converter box
and Adobe Premiere Elements came with it so I installed that program.Do you
think that program may have overwritten that file or damaged it??Though all
was working fine on both for weeks.Oh also I downloaded Avid express Free
editing software just to see what it was like I tried it .did not understand
it too well..so I uninstalled that program ..oh well thanks for your help..Ray

--
Raymond Perry

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 19:22:07 -0700, Ray Perry wrote:

> Thanks Sharon ,Thanks for the info..I will check with Adobe..I did though
> already reinstall
> the prog after i uninstalled it
> One fact I need to make a few weeks ago I purchased Ads pyro converter box
> and Adobe Premiere Elements came with it so I installed that program.Do you
> think that program may have overwritten that file or damaged it??Though all
> was working fine on both for weeks.Oh also I downloaded Avid express Free
> editing software just to see what it was like I tried it .did not understand
> it too well..so I uninstalled that program ..oh well thanks for your help..Ray

You're welcome Ray and good luck with this. If you can find the file on
your hard drive, rename it and then try reinstalling Adobe Premiere.
Sometimes an install program will not refresh a file if it's present.
Renaming it forces a new copy to be made.

Another approach: If you can find the dll file on the Adobe Premiere CD
(sometimes files will be available in the folders on the CD), copy a file
to the program's own folder. It will use that one before using whatever
version is being shared in one of the system folders or the
\CommonFiles\Adobe folder.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Sharon i tried all you suggested but to no avail..it wasn't on cd .But.On
searching the internet I think i discovered that the ipl.dll is part of Intel
run time library..and..I'm lost now ..I haven't the foggiest idea of any of
that stuff..I did however find something that maybe you can supply help to me
with ..the following is what I copied from a site :

Intel Image processing libraries - IPL.dll, IPLxx.dll
Download the runtime Library Bundle
Extract and run the included .exe file

THE LINK TO SITE IS BELOW..IT IS AROUND 1/2 WAY DOWN THE PAGE WHERE LOTS OF
STUFF THAT I PASTED ABOVE IS WRITTEN WITH LINKS ALSO
please help if you can ..I really need to get Priemeiere working again as
I'm in middle of a lil video about our pet dog who recently died
OK SO HERE IS THE LINK TO THIS PAGE THAT HAS ALL KINDS OF REFERENCE TO
IPL.DLL AND STUFF..THANKS AGAIN
http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/library.htm

--
Raymond Perry

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:54:01 -0700, Ray Perry wrote:

> Sharon i tried all you suggested but to no avail..it wasn't on cd .But.On
> searching the internet I think i discovered that the ipl.dll is part of Intel
> run time library..and..I'm lost now ..I haven't the foggiest idea of any of
> that stuff..I did however find something that maybe you can supply help to me
> with ..the following is what I copied from a site :
>
> Intel Image processing libraries - IPL.dll, IPLxx.dll
> Download the runtime Library Bundle
> Extract and run the included .exe file
>
> THE LINK TO SITE IS BELOW..IT IS AROUND 1/2 WAY DOWN THE PAGE WHERE LOTS OF
> STUFF THAT I PASTED ABOVE IS WRITTEN WITH LINKS ALSO
> please help if you can ..I really need to get Priemeiere working again as
> I'm in middle of a lil video about our pet dog who recently died
> OK SO HERE IS THE LINK TO THIS PAGE THAT HAS ALL KINDS OF REFERENCE TO
> IPL.DLL AND STUFF..THANKS AGAIN
> http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/library.htm

Did you try the file?

Dll files are odd beasts. They contain sets of instructions. In theory, if
you have 10 programs installed that make use of those instructions, they
can share the one file. On the surface, it sounds good but look a little
deeper and it can get messy.

As with all technology, updates happen. Each newer version of a dll file is
supposedly backwards compatible. However, it's not unheard of for a
function provided by an older version to be dropped. That could be a
problem for a program that depends on that function. Since without any
extra instruction, a program will look for a needed file in their own
folder first, placing the needed version here usually works well.

Customized dll files are slightly altered to accommodate a program. They
usually have the same name and are provided along with the application for
its use. (This is one place where "duplicate file finders can get you into
trouble.) These customized files are usually put into the program's own
folder but sometimes end up in one of the shared folders. If in a shared
folder, it is in danger if another program is installed and it overwrites
the dll with a newer version. Most likely it will be the "generic" form of
the dll and not one that contains the customization.

If a program relies on a function provided by an older dll file, it usually
includes that file with its installation. Programs look in their folder
first for a call to a file. Then in Windows, then in Windows\System\ or
Windows\System32\.

With multiple versions, it's possible there will be requests to use two
different versions of a dll file. Windows XP has something called
side-by-side technology to accommodate these situations (and to avoid "dll
hell) but it can't do anything beneficial if the various versions of dll
are not available for one reason or another.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation. Not exactly correct on a technical level
but it gives the gist of what kind of dll dilemmas one might encounter.

Bottom line: I can't answer your question about whether that file you found
is the right one or not. Or if it will do anything good to try it. It can't
hurt, you already have a non-working app. ;^)

Suggestions:

Be sure to scan the downloaded dll file before using it with an antivirus
program that has been updated with current virus definitions.

Follow the directions at the site for unzipping and placing the file. If no
advice given on placement: copy to the program's main folder, to the
Windows folder, to Windows\system\ and Windows\system32\.

If you have any files on the system with that name, temporarily rename
them. You can always name them back if your experiment fails. Also if it
fails, delete the downloaded file from the various locations it was placed.

If still no luck with this, you'll need to contact Adobe tech support (or
you may want to skip the experiments and do this first).

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Hi..no I did not try the file..Thanks so very much for your time and
efforts...Thanks for your explanation of dll files..I will try and contact
Adobe support ..once again thank you Sharon..sincerely Ray
--
Raymond Perry