MOHAA expansion pack

I've just seen an expansion pack for MOHAA which offers six extra single player missions and a number of new multiplayer missons. Has anyone got this and is it any good?

:eek: Wingding - sugar and spice and all things vice :eek:

Skipper007

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
MOHAA: Spearhead (I'm assuming that's the expansion pack you're refering to) is coming out mid November. I might just get it - I just finished MOHAA a few minutes a go, and I'd say it's only real competitior for my favourite game of all time is No One Lives Forever (a lot of this one is humour value).

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, what are you doing over *here* ?!!!?!!?1/1/?

Anyways, the MOHAA expansion is almost strictly a mutli experience. The new single missions suck compared to the originals. Or at least as far as I've seen.

Battlefield 1942 is another good one. NOLF2 is good too, but I've only seen it being played; I've yet to play it.

Are you looking to multi, or just single play?

Skipper007

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
From EA's web site:

November 04, 2002

Medal of Honor Allied Assault™ Spearhead Demo Due Friday

EA Games will release a stand-alone demo for Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead, the new expansion pack for the highly acclaimed WWII action PC game, Medal of Honor Allied Assault. The demo will be available on Friday, November 8, 2002 from the official Medal of Honor Allied Assault website at http://www.mohaa.ea.com/

The downloadable demo will feature Malta, a multiplayer level exclusive to the demo and not included in the full version of the game. The demo will also include new skins for British, Russian, American and German troops as well as unveiling some of the new weapons!

Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead for the PC will begin shipping on Tuesday, November 12, 2002.

Just wondering, EJ, how can you say it's mainly multiplayer if it isn't out yet?

I like to play games when I'm not bayoneting buttocks. And I really enjoyed playing MOHAA - great gameplay and realism.

I'll probably pick up the expansion back when it comes out. I may as well spend my salary before my wife does :smile:

:eek: Wingding - sugar and spice and all things vice :eek:

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
"Just wondering, EJ, how can you say it's mainly multiplayer if it isn't out yet?"

1) College kids are VERY resourceful.

2) You obviously haven't played/seen the new Doom3 alpha yet. I've seen it; and *EVERYONE* likes it too. =)

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
MOHHA Spearhead Expansion Pack is available now, have anybody played it? (not the demo)

Let us know <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25703#25703" target="_new"> What File compression format you use? </A>

dakels

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002
I have been playing the demo and it's alot of fun. The maps are pretty well designed and the game styles are great. You can FFA, Team, team with objectives, etc. I really enjoy the fact that any weapon can be viable whereas in Quake or similar, everyone is just grabbing the BFG/rocket launcher. In MOHAA you got people sniping, rifling, grenading, machine gunning, mortars, etc.

The multiplayer servers can be a bit of a pain but once you find a good host, its alot of fun. I wouldn't mind hosting but I can't seem to find out what port needs to be opened on my router.

I have some menu viewing problems with my voodoo 4 and multiplay can run a tad choppy but most of the times its the server/host and not me. I went using the direct internet connection. Gamespy maybe better but I didn't feel like loading it.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
I want to know about new single player mode of MOHAA: Spearhead expansion. Are they as good as original MOHAA?

Let us know <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25703#25703" target="_new"> What File compression format you use? </A>

dakels

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002
I can't say first hand. I have been told by a few that it's good, but not exactly worth the money. It costs as much as a new game yet is only a minor addition and not some huge expansion. One person said its more like a big patch then some game altering expansion. Only problem is that with multiplayer games like this, if alot of people get the new version, you have to get it too to play with them. If you are only interested in adding to your SP play, then it adds 6 more missions and new weapons so that should rejuvinate the game a bit.

Have you tried BF 1942? It's basically the vehical side of MoH. You control like 40 different military vehicles from a tank to a aircraft carrier to a B17 bomber.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
I have tried BF 1942. I didn't liked it much.

Does it worth to spend $1.10 after MOHAA: Spearhead Expansion? If I buy this game, I would have to spend $1.10 or 55 cent.

dakels

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002
what do you mean $1.10? How are you getting the $35 spearhead expansion pack for $1 or 55 cents? I want some of that action too. ^^
Best price I have seen for the Spearhead Exp CD (which requires the full version Allied Assault) is $25. The regular price ranges from $30-37 in most of the usual retailers.

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
Well, I obtained Spearhead somehow :wink: ...so far it seems pretty fun to me. I put it on the hardest level for single player...perhaps a mistake as it is hard. However, it is fun, seems to be just as good as the original. I about halfway through the second of six missions.

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
I will buy this game from a warez shop. If the expansion pack fits in one CD, it will cost 55 cents. For two CD, it will cost $1.10.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
One question: Will I need original MOHAA installed to install MOHAA Spearhead Expansion

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
update...i was mistaken, only 3 single player missions. Still, good game.

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
I'm willing to wait for eons for when they eventually bundle the two together as a cheap MOHAA gold edition on the back of some shelf somewhere. If only it would stop selling so well. :(

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
How much free disk space it requires after installing original MOHAA?

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
Well, my MOHAA folder (with spearhead included) is at 1.85GB, or 1.92 on disk.

skimanjohn

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
Ive been playing it partime for a week or two.How is it?Single player...ok.Multiplayer?....good.The Malta level is awesome.With the new patch,out now,the demo levels become intagraded into the expansion pack.Just finished Mafia so almost any game is a let down.