Error Code 0x80200010 when installing updates

Hi

I am unable to install any windows xp updates.

I was able to do this before and this problem is only recent. All
updates fail to install and when I check the history they all have
error code 0x80200010.

I have tried closing the firewall to see if that helped, but to no
avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hugh

--
hhopkins
1 answer Last reply

    You cannot install some updates or programs: Go to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798&Product=winxp

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "hhopkins" <hhopkins.1ro51o@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:hhopkins.1ro51o@pcbanter.net...

    > Hi
    >
    > I am unable to install any windows xp updates.
    >
    > I was able to do this before and this problem is only recent. All
    > updates fail to install and when I check the history they all have
    > error code 0x80200010.
    >
    > I have tried closing the firewall to see if that helped, but to no
    > avail.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > Hugh