No more CD drives

July 4, 2005 8:53:01 PM

I have just removed Nero from my system, as it did not do the job with my
external SONY dual layer drive. InCD (Nero) was removed, and now my drives
have Yellow "!" and do not show up in My COmputer. I can go back to a
restore point, and all works, except I need to get rid of all Nero stuff, to
install Roxio.

Doing an uninstall of the drives, and letting PnP find them, I am told the
drivers are missing or corrupt. I did an sfc /scannow, but that did not fix
the problem either. My hardware vendor (eMachines) is trying to help with
this OEM installation, but we are getting now where. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
--
Tom Nefeldt

More about : drives

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:59:15 AM

Take a look here

"Tom Nefeldt" <tomntmj(removethis)@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have just removed Nero from my system, as it did not do the job with my
> external SONY dual layer drive. InCD (Nero) was removed, and now my
> drives
> have Yellow "!" and do not show up in My COmputer. I can go back to a
> restore point, and all works, except I need to get rid of all Nero stuff,
> install Roxio.
>
> Doing an uninstall of the drives, and letting PnP find them, I am told the
> drivers are missing or corrupt. I did an sfc /scannow, but that did not
> fix
> the problem either. My hardware vendor (eMachines) is trying to help with
> this OEM installation, but we are getting now where. Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> --
> Tom Nefeldt
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:59:16 AM

Thank you very much, you just ended two days of agony. I owe you big time,
if ever in Chicago dinner and drinks on me.
--
Tom Nefeldt

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> Take a look here
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060

> "Tom Nefeldt" <tomntmj(removethis)@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >I have just removed Nero from my system, as it did not do the job with my
> > external SONY dual layer drive. InCD (Nero) was removed, and now my
> > drives
> > have Yellow "!" and do not show up in My COmputer. I can go back to a
> > restore point, and all works, except I need to get rid of all Nero stuff,
> > install Roxio.
> >
> > Doing an uninstall of the drives, and letting PnP find them, I am told the
> > drivers are missing or corrupt. I did an sfc /scannow, but that did not
> > fix
> > the problem either. My hardware vendor (eMachines) is trying to help with
> > this OEM installation, but we are getting now where. Any suggestions?
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Tom Nefeldt

Anonymous